• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lels Ascender

lel-95

Not sure you can say it's not taken off really... there are plenty about.

I think it's more to do with the fact the SCX10 was released late 2008, early 2009.

The Ascender has only been out in comparison since Late 2014. So 7 and half years vs 18 months.

The recon g6 nationals that passed in June, there was maybe 10 ascenders to well over 100 axial based Rc.

kinda along the line of being a Land Rover owner, yes all new fancy suv's out there promising this that and the other but it's the dirty old landys that pull them out when we have more than a inch of snow.

or hip savage, been around since the Druids, but still to this day one of the best monster trucks there is, many have tried to better it but not succeed......

• Like 1

I saw the MST scale truck I hope they are as quality as the drifters. Looking through Rcmart news feed I saw it and another new truck. 3racing mayb.  Both looked good. 

I just wread a build thread on the mst on rccrawler and I expected alot more from mst tbh.  sounds more like one step up from a tamiya if that. All plastic gears all bushings.

But you get a free mst pitt towel lol. 

The Ascender is still going strong! Just picked up and painted a new body as thats the only thing thats let go in the last year and a half i've had it, amazing truck thats had some wicked abuse, I've brazed up some rock sliders which are pretty neat too. 

Haven't been out lately but when i do i'll grab some more pictures. 

The MST is a pretty sweet little rig, got to remember its a trail chassis to be used with Tamiya bodies and isn't really meant to be an all out bulletproof rig, its perfectly fine and capable for what its intended for, only selling mine as i dont use it enough to justify keeping it.