• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Some Help on Parts for FTX Viper

ksarb

Hi all

im not one for cars but got both my sons one for xmas the FTX Viper Brushless

I am more a Helicopter person so advice would be fantastic

Rear Hub Carriers- Sidewinder FTX8532

The seem to be very flimsy at the contact point and after a few knocks easy break?????

Is the an after market that my fit them or is there away to strengthen it?

after 3 replacements and now no stock any where i have a car hanging on the wall and not going any where

any help most appreciated

thank you

kev 

That can potentially work when the weathers warm, but it doesn't seem to have the same effect once the plastic is really cold again.

Sadly, the Viper is just a very weak overall RC, my friend has one and he's yet to put a full pack through it (6 attempts) without breaking something, that's mostly on flat ground with a few bumps.

I know certain RPM Exo Terra parts fit, but I'm not 100% sure if the rear hub carriers are the same, it might be worth checking out though?

RPM stuff is very good.

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

That can potentially work when the weathers warm, but it doesn't seem to have the same effect once the plastic is really cold again.

Sadly, the Viper is just a very weak overall RC, my friend has one and he's yet to put a full pack through it (6 attempts) without breaking something, that's mostly on flat ground with a few bumps.

I know certain RPM Exo Terra parts fit, but I'm not 100% sure if the rear hub carriers are the same, it might be worth checking out though?

RPM stuff is very good.

Ftx cars are rubbish

Nope, FTX are certainly not "rubbish".

My Carnage runs 3s, no problem at all.

A work mate ran it straight on into a solid fire door at work and it just bounced off and kept going.

All its cost me is the hop-ups I chose to put on.

For the price, FTX are great!

KingPin

I boiled the front hub carriers on my viper, I haven't broken one since. They were on a fast boil for over am hour. They are very brittle though :( . they shouldn't break so easily when the weather warms up. I've spent hours modifying mine,the rear of the roll cage is reinforced with ALU rod & sheet.

• 5 weeks later...

Nope, FTX are certainly not "rubbish".

My Carnage runs 3s, no problem at all.

A work mate ran it straight on into a solid fire door at work and it just bounced off and kept going.

All its cost me is the hop-ups I chose to put on.

For the price, FTX are great!

KingPin

I used to have a carnage and had loads of problems with it. They are very poor quality