• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's RC4WD Gelande II

Their was plenty of thread there, it certainly wasn't a fault on my part, it only just to say started to get harder to turn and just snapped straight off lol.

Something I wanted to ask, now I thought this was a one off with the TF2, but apparently not.

They say for the transmission to transfer case shaft, you use a 10mm set screw, but the only thing that's 10mm in this that would work is the 10mm threaded rod.

Trying to use that and it doesn't go through the holes of the outputs.

It's fine through the threaded holes of the shaft itself, just not the transfer case and transmission outputs.

Am I missing something here or do I need to drill these like I had to with the TF2?

Certainly not the best of situations to be in, because they definitely don't provide the correct hardware for this part, in either of the kits.

Okay,as far as the outputs are concerned I thought exactly the same.

I very nearly got the drill out but after looking very carefully through all the screws (some of which look quite similar) I did find the right ones to go through the outputs.

Maybe you do have the wrong ones in the kit but like I said I thought exactly the same till I got ALL the screws out and had a good look.

I cant remember exactly to be fair as it was a while ago but I definetly didn't get the drill out.

Well I tried drilling it on the TF2 but I didn't have the right sized drill bit, so I used the driveshaft set screws instead, hopefully this will work the same, the TF2's 10mm threaded rod went through the drive shafts fine, so hopefully the same thing will happen here.

Definitely definitely isn't the right ones though, I've checked probably about 5 times now.

I always get all hardware out prior to the build, make sure the labels corresspond to the items inside the bags etc... I'm quite meticulous, even if my bench sometimes looks a bit messy, I know were every item is at any given time.

Definitely not the correct hardware in this or the TF2 :/

Given it a little test in the garden... I've taken the electrics from the TF2 just to run it.

I doubt they'll be going back in.

Fallen completely head over heels with the G2... Land Rovers are simply what I like and the chassis is fantastic as well, really smooth and aside from that one bolt head coming off, it's pretty faultless.

I took a few pictures but didn't go overboard as she currently has no lid, until I get some new wire for the motor to ESC, so it looks a bit scruffy but it won't do soon.

DSC03757_zps0ucwkfv2.jpg

DSC03759_zpsgsdrfflu.jpg

DSC03761_zpsx3qhhixe.jpg

DSC03762_zpscpdvopot.jpg

DSC03765_zpso4r6nccn.jpg

DSC03768_zpsod5am5yx.jpg

DSC03770_zpst87kpisn.jpg

DSC03771_zpshiwniqoy.jpg

Decision made eh? You can call it fair and unbiased, you ran it without the shell so the looks didn't come into it! :)

How much different to the tf2 does it drive?

That's why I ran both with no shell, it was purely about chassis and handling, which they were extremely close on from what I used them on, sticky mud, few rocks, just general crawling stuff, so in the end it actually came down to body.

If I could mount the TF2 body on the G2 chassis, that would be epic, but I can't imagine it's easily do-able.

The wheelbases are very very similar.

Made a little bit more progress, the Gorilla glue is currently setting on the rear of the cab, while the putty is drying and the rear door is drying.

I was going to have a fully operational rear drop down, but I decided not to bother, seeing as the back of the cab isn't perfect.

You'll have to forgive the 'auto set up' phone pictures.

20150312_233113_zps5jc5ddnd.jpg

20150312_233030_zpsfetpwc25.jpg

20150313_002320_zpsrwx4eanm.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original

Think that's where I get stuck, what I'd really want is the tf2 shell on the g2 chassis.

Pickup coming on well, you still modelling it after your friends or that one on the back burner now?

You could always make it a bobber, they're always cut n shuts anyway so it would look right with the chopped shell :)

Edited by Geeze

Think that's where I get stuck, what I'd really want is the tf2 shell on the g2 chassis.

Pickup coming on well, you still modelling it after your friends or that one on the back burner now?

You could always make it a bobber, they're always cut n shuts anyway so it would look right with the chopped shell :)

What do you mean a bobber?

And unfortunately it's not going to be after my friends now.

That plan is still floating around, but after I get an airbrushing kit and so on, so I can properly capture the details in the paint mainly.

I think I'd get away without doing the big rear section on the back, but I wouldn't get away with the wrong looking paint and each panel on his is a different shade of red and tree :P:lol:

What do you mean a bobber?

Bobtail,usually refers to shortening the rear overhang so there is less chance of the body coming into contact with the ground before the tyres do.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&rlz=1CAACAH_enGB620GB620&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=bobtail%20land%20rover&oq=bob%20tail%20la&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5657j0j7

Edited by smeghead28

Making progress, rear bed has been cut in the correct places, so it no longer flexes like it did... Well actually, it still does a tiny bit, but I already know were I need to cut.I was always planning on having a fake toolbox in the back anyway, so I'll just put that in a slightly different places to were I was originally going to have it, no big deal :)

IMG_4532_zpsnxszya55.jpg

IMG_4533_zpsp1jwwaa7.jpg

IMG_4534_zpsaksomhny.jpg

I had several ideas in mind, but none of them seemed to work.

Mainly because my glue doesn't dry fast enough :lol: (hence my recent thread)

But hey, theirs always future projects and more shells to be had ;)

The shell that came with the G2 is second hand, which I know sounds stupid, but, theirs marks were the holes are for the body mounts (presumably from a driver) theirs dirt inside the arches, glue around some of the light holes, the mold lines have been very badly sanded away and theirs some pretty deep knife marks down it too, so I've been in touch with RC4WD and IF they just send me a replacement shell, I'll be turning this current one into something else as I'll have 3 total then, so we'll see what happens :P

For now, this is how she sits, pretty much fully sanded now ready for primer, little bit more to do tomorrow, need to add some filler around a couple of small gaps and sand, then she's ready for primer.

I shall be employing your good self very soon Gaz :)

IMG_4535_zpssuqa5mxq.jpg

• Like 1

Something sounds odd here correct me if i'm wrong - From what I have just read, you've bought something secondhand but want to contact the company who made the product and try and get a free one to pay for something you already knew was used?

If you are referring to the G2 D90 kit shell being used we both know they have little marks because they are Chinese made and rebranded - but the kits are sold sealed (we've been on this subject before when you was annoyed with the quality) but why buy again? Or at least contact the place before starting the build?

The shell you have cut up above looks like the used one bought from the for sale section on here ,which was sold as used so marks would be expected?

Slightly puzzed...