• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ostewart said:

Glad to see it still running and getting use ;)

Haven't been out with my RC in ages...

That's from a little while ago now... Decided to put the ProMT up for sale, mainly due to a lack of use, I also wanted to rob the electrics out of it for the Yeti and don't really want to spend £120ish on fresh electrics for it.

Not much seems to be selling at the moment though, but I really want a Bomber, so need it to shift first.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

That's from a little while ago now... Decided to put the ProMT up for sale, mainly due to a lack of use, I also wanted to rob the electrics out of it for the Yeti and don't really want to spend £120ish on fresh electrics for it.

Not much seems to be selling at the moment though, but I really want a Bomber, so need it to shift first.

I'd take it if the other half like Monster trucks (reason I sold it in the first place).... and had the money...

Shame you will never get parts for the original Pro MT again, looks that Traxxarse have come down hard on everyone and no longer wanted Proline making Traxxas compatible parts, that’s why the new 4x4 is a completely new truck 

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Shame you will never get parts for the original Pro MT again, looks that Traxxarse have come down hard on everyone and no longer wanted Proline making Traxxas compatible parts, that’s why the new 4x4 is a completely new truck 

This I did not know, stupid Traxxarse :(

The PMT is probably 70% Stampede and Slash copy parts or direct fit hop ups..

Proline has made Traxxas hop ups for years, they then bundled them with a few other parts designed for the PMT to make what in reality is the ultimate Stampede, but it’s all Proline and I guess Traxxas didn’t like that in the end

I thought this afew times but always thought proline must pay traxxas. Like with the traxxas bead on proline wheels. Thinking if anyone could do it then its proline lol. 

Im a traxxas fan prefer ther stuff usually, but I'm sick of the stuff they keep pulling. Didnt they just shut down arrma and durango too in court. 

Its like they charge us double bubble then use the extra profits to fight the other brands in court. But at the end of the day were rc  first. Fanboys 2nd and i hope an ocean of traxxas fans who like other brands too will just stop buying traxxas. I really want an xmaxx but if i get one thats it. And it will probably be used. 

But i cant hit buy anyway i tried and even drunk on womens wine pulled out lol. So its unlikely for awhile. 

If the rc community had hobby loyalty first they'd boycott this next big release from traxxas and make the rule makers kak themselves for awhile. 

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

The PMT is probably 70% Stampede and Slash copy parts or direct fit hop ups..

Proline has made Traxxas hop ups for years, they then bundled them with a few other parts designed for the PMT to make what in reality is the ultimate Stampede, but it’s all Proline and I guess Traxxas didn’t like that in the end

It's petty really... Traxxas are happy to profit off people buying stuff from them then needing the hop ups, but not when the boot is on the other foot and they get cut out of the action.

They're a bit like GoPro... They give away stupid amounts of stuff, then shaft those people who are willing to pay top dollar.

Simple really, just don't buy from these companies. By giving them your custom, you're telling them that their business model and practices are fine. It will end with a lack of competition which is detrimental to everyone.

14 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

I thought this afew times but always thought proline must pay traxxas. Like with the traxxas bead on proline wheels. Thinking if anyone could do it then its proline lol. 

Im a traxxas fan prefer ther stuff usually, but I'm sick of the stuff they keep pulling. Didnt they just shut down arrma and durango too in court. 

Its like they charge us double bubble then use the extra profits to fight the other brands in court. But at the end of the day were rc  first. Fanboys 2nd and i hope an ocean of traxxas fans who like other brands too will just stop buying traxxas. I really want an xmaxx but if i get one thats it. And it will probably be used. 

But i cant hit buy anyway i tried and even drunk on womens wine pulled out lol. So its unlikely for awhile. 

If the rc community had hobby loyalty first they'd boycott this next big release from traxxas and make the rule makers kak themselves for awhile. 

Brand loyalty is utterly ridiculous anyway. Buy what is the best thing in your budget for your needs. These big companies literally give nothing back for that loyalty, they just use it to convince people to buy rubbish for twice the price it should be. Better yet, they manage to convince fanboys to run into forums and Facebook to promote products for free.  Good example is on Reddit, guys saying the best car for jumping is a slash. No SCT is good for jumping. 

• Like 1

The haters make me laugh just as much as the fanboys.:boredlook:

i see it with full size cars too, people who either love all models from one manufacturer, sorry... 'brand', and those that hate said models, just because they don't have a particular badge on the bonnet/rump... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm seriously considering selling up. Just don't have the time anymore. Anyone any ideas how much I should be asking. Full truck of spares plus other parts minus shocks and wheels, 4 hardcase 2s lipo, spectrum controller 

On 02/06/2019 at 17:36, hitman said:

I'm seriously considering selling up. Just don't have the time anymore. Anyone any ideas how much I should be asking. Full truck of spares plus other parts minus shocks and wheels, 4 hardcase 2s lipo, spectrum controller 

No idea as they don’t make these anymore most guys just buy them as donor cars to keep there’s going . 

Might be an idea to split it up in lots and sale it via eBay that way your get a bigger audience and probably a better price than on here 👍