• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spare some change guv'nor

Madmini

Hi Guys,

I have a request for everyone. My other 1/2 has decided she's going to take part in the wolf run this summer. For those of you who like me have no idea what the wolf run is please see there website

http://thewolfrun.com/

My other 1/2 was a bit of a couch potato up until about 2 months ago. Then she started doing couch to 5k. Now she's running 4 times a week but is only doing 5k on roads. The wolf run is double that and over all kinds of terrain.

Fay is doing this to raise money for breast cancer uk which is a very worthy cause and let's face it. We're mostly guys and saving something we all enjoy is well worth it ;)

So if you can find a bit of spare cash for a good cause head on over to her just giving page.

https://www.justgiving.com/Fay-Pedrick

Thank you for reading and thank you even more if you can spare some change :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well guys it's been a bad week for my other half a training. She managed to get herself hit by a car on the 20th so was taking it easy over the last week. She's back into it again as of today and managed to do a little over 6km (this time without getting herself run over)

We would both like to thank all those who have donated so far and ask that those that haven't to dig deep and spare some penny's

She's now 39% towards her target donation for breast cancer.

If everyone on the forums put in

Another week closer and Fay has taken part in her first real race. She did really well. Not only was it her first ever race it was also the furthest distance she has run for.

Here's a little pic of her before the start.

I am so proud of her. She's gone from couch potato to running machine. I'm really looking forward to her completing the wolf run.

Let help spur her on and raise some more money for breast cancer :)

6d58a35fa5a7f5207e05f1bb1c75b5ff.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thought it was time for an update.

With 47 days to go till the wolf run Fay has got to 58% of her target fund raising. She's running faster than ever and I am really proud of what she's accomplished so far. She's now planning future races and events even tho she's yet to do the wolf run.

I would like to ask each and every one of you to spare a little cash to donate to a worthy cause. As the adverts say...

Every little helps

• 1 month later...

Less than 2 week to go guys.

Fay is running better than ever and I'm looking forward to watching her get muddy and messy. (As im driving her there n back I have got some bin bags to cover my car seats)

She's over 1/2 way to her funding target and I really want to emplore you all to take a moment to think about the cause she's putting herself through this for.

Breast cancer

So if you can spare a little to donate it's going to a great cause and if everyone just donated a few pounds we could smash her finding target.

Come on guys n gals

Edited by Madmini

4 days to go guys.

Please please please donate. We all know someone who's been affected by cancer and if a few quid helps save someone then it's worth it.

So come on guys dig deep, a few quid were not asking for the moon on a stick.

Tomorrow is the day. Fay is very nervous but confident. I will be taking pictures ( and yes I will share some) but please take this as a chance to help others and donate to a great cause

Today's the day guys. Fay is nervously waiting to leave the house. Under an hour till we head off. We have a bag packed with a change of clothes and a towel. It's been raining solidly since yesterday so she's gonna be seriously muddy.

I will post some updates as the day goes on and try and get some pictures.

Let's show our support and donate to the cause. Doesn't take much to make a big difference

Hi, this is Fay on MadMinis account. Thank you all so much for your support. The bruises were so worth it! Totally amazing experience and raised so much money for breast cancer UK. Thanks guys xx

• Like 2