• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Favorite eBay buys!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Nope,still dont get it.???

he has two accounts , one as  mr and mrs tug , where the other half can see everything you buy. then good old tug used the stealth mode option. you create another account and NOT tell mrs tug. now when that HUGE box comes for you and mrs tug intercepts said item as you were at work your covered because its not her/yours account, is mr devnick , who is infact your very best work mate and its a gift for his yadda yadda etc etc you get the drift now. 

mr tug is mrs tug and also mr davnick just mrs tug aint go no clue lol

anyways no great ebay buys but a warning, check the location of seller and not just location of item. went to grab a 3d printer only to find chinese sellers stating they were items in derby- northhampton-london , yet warnings in the shipping details saying import and customs costs are consumers problem not companys. that now makes you wonder are these goods infact in the uk or are they just using a relative in uk to grab a cheap shipping ticket and tracking number and the items sent from abroad. your given tracking number but it does not show up on the RM site for around 4-6 days ( thats because the item aint even in the uk its still on the plane )

i have seen atleast 12 sellers doing this now on ebay , now even i am very wary of purchasing on ebay half the time you cannot tell where the item is or if its a lie

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow lots of choice there. Banggood don't ship from the UK though do they? Not sure I fancy waiting 3 weeks for some heatshrink.

My wife ordered a battery pack from them...charges her phone @ 2.1amps...very impressive specially when on the road...

Anyhow it arrived within 5 days.

Wow lots of choice there. Banggood don't ship from the UK though do they? Not sure I fancy waiting 3 weeks for some heatshrink.

My wife ordered a battery pack from them...charges he phone @ 2.1amps...very impressive specially when on the road...

Anyhow it arrived within 5 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Some of the colours won't be to everyone's taste but plenty to chose from. Massive improvement in terms of comfort and looks on my Spektrum [emoji846]

db539663c4319b483151bf98131d8c5e.jpg

Really friendly seller and I think they are good value at £11 delivered [emoji1303]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322465753245

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked my recent eBay purchase for my bro for around £200, I got a 1/8 ebuggy, Sworkz Eb1 S350 Evo 1/8th, came RTR (even tranny) and 2 2s lipo, charger, even decent Duracell batteries in the TX and all for around £200 del. It's a beast, faster than my own 1/8 ebuggy and lighter too, also turns very well. Have to put a decent set of tyres on it to really get an idea, but it's been out twice and it's been a blast both times. 100% satisfied and the shell was pro painted which is a bonus.

I love the durability of 1/8 ebuggy if not the weight. But I have enough chargers and lipos to not worry about 2*2s batteries in each so that's a bonus for sure. I think I can now charge 9 and discharge 8 2s lipo at 1C at a time. Nice :) Will probably get rid of some of that hardware soon.

Ebay is good if you follow it closely. Lately I've stopped though, I've spent enough doing that, and don't really feel I need anything at the moment. The classifieds on this and similar sites are generally better value anyway, unless you get real lucky in an auction on ebay.

Tip: Watch RC Models and RC Accessories on ebay, filter out the new (too much), so go with New other - not working selections, and check the newly listed every day a couple of times (on each category). For at least a week. Add what you like to your watch list. I've got quite a few bargains this way, and only once been burned with something listed as not working actually not working on arrival.

Good luck!

Zoea

8 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

There are bargains to be had, I picked up a pretty much brand new Mugen MBx5 with a genuine Novarossi p5 for £50 :lol: All because of a mis spelling, Mugan instead of Mugen

Yes, done that many a time.I purposely spell the names wrong and see what comes up.I got a "Munster truck" It was an FG in decent nick for a little over a ton...BARGAIN!

J

• 3 months later...
On 10/11/2015 at 19:49, everclear1984 said:

Its quick mate 7 days or less usually for me. Its a great website. Ebay uses it to buy their stock n mark it up  £5 or so. Or they just ask double bubble. Or pass of those merc scx10 clones as a new premium rc just as pricey as a used scx10. Then act like theyre dumb when asked lol.