• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

I forgot that the Killer Bee came prewired with a push button, just watch the vid, pretty much 99% of engines will wire up the same way

I will do shortly can't wait to get it connected at least I'll feel safer going full speed.

Now need to decide on what battery and exhaust to use and I'll be fine for a while.

Put the super bee killswitch on so easy took me 10 mins but.. now the grey long wire were does that go can anyone help please?

If I put it anywhere near the engine it'll just the melt the wire right?

Basically needs to be a whole at the bottom of the killswitch for it to feed through and then drill a whole in to the battery box right?

Hi guys,

Got my DBXL a few weeks ago, read through this thread, lots of nice read, love the clean car A.J, even if you give me a very bad conscience :D

Is the Stu chassi still available?

Thanks for some interesting reading...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Got my DBXL a few weeks ago, read through this thread, lots of nice read, love the clean car A.J, even if you give me a very bad conscience :D

Is the Stu chassi still available?

Thanks for some interesting reading...

Welcome to the club! Stu is doing a second run of chassis's, he can be contacted on FB his username is Yostie Stu or you can contact him on Large Scale Down under forum

AJ not sure if your free to help :D?

Fitted the super bee kill switch just need to put the whole in top of the battery lid now so I can see the light colors.

But gone to start the car and the cord isn't pulling properly I undone some of the plastic that goes around the engine that was about it never undone the starter cord case.

Any idea what I can do to fix it as I don't want to get the starter cord case out otherwise the coil will just go mad lol.

How much does it really cost to upgrade a LOSI DBXL to compete against a LOSI 5IVE. Watch my vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZcNlKWswCk?

hey monkey nice vid

earlier this year i baught 2 new 5ives with sambas and a mild tune and they are way fast enough for our lack of talent and now ive been and baught a dbxl as an impulse buy

the 5ives are fantastic but wanted something i could bash with less body work that gets damaged in the inevitable crashes and i thought the dbxl fitted that bill

so yes it will be getting a samba and possibly a savox servo but as for speed thats not what i baught it for i think the stock 23cc fits well with the intended use having said all that it may get a 26cc from 1 of my 5ives if we fit the 32cc to a 5ive but that wont be a while

more than 1/2 the fun i get out of this hobby is spent striping cleaning and rebuilding them with my son weve not spent so much time together since he left home to make his own way in life and that alone is worth more than any money we spend ( i mean i spend ) we have been bit hard by the 1/5 scale bug but it has given me an incentive to stop the old cancer sticks so so far it has actually saved me money
if we had gone for the dbxl istead of the 5ives we wouldnt have been dissapointed
Edited by andy and dan
  • Like 3

I think the expert in DBXL upgrades & the person to answer this question is AJ.

Think this sums it up well

hey monkey nice vid

earlier this year i baught 2 new 5ives with sambas and a mild tune and they are way fast enough for our lack of talent and now ive been and baught a dbxl as an impulse buy

the 5ives are fantastic but wanted something i could bash with less body work that gets damaged in the inevitable crashes and i thought the dbxl fitted that bill

so yes it will be getting a samba and possibly a savox servo but as for speed thats not what i baught it for i think the stock 23cc fits well with the intended use having said all that it may get a 26cc from 1 of my 5ives if we fit the 32cc to a 5ive but that wont be a while

more than 1/2 the fun i get out of this hobby is spent striping cleaning and rebuilding them with my son weve not spent so much time together since he left home to make his own way in life and that alone is worth more than any money we spend ( i mean i spend ) we have been bit hard by the 1/5 scale bug but it has given me an incentive to stop the old cancer sticks so so far it has actually saved me money

if we had gone for the dbxl istead of the 5ives we wouldnt have been dissapointed

• Like 1

Yes, very Nicely put, by Andy & Dan, I too have my son with me to tinker with the cars, if he wasn't there I couldn't really see myself standing in a field driving a "toy" car about!!

I would like to see him take a bit more interest in the maintainace side of things but I suppose that's going to come with age, he's only 10, but I remember soldering all my batteries up & escs when I was 10!

Bought a new 2 way splitter cable for the super bee to be able to work on my Losi DBXL stock transmitter. Put the 2 way splitter in the steering slot in the receiver and put the steering and super bee wires in the end of the 2 way splitter and getting no joy.. have I got a dodgy super bee?