• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

I guess I'm now in this club. Got me a 2nd hand DBXL. Prepare for stupid questions as I attempt a brushless conversion. Going to try the Kershaw designs route.

I've got a whole brushless set up for a DBXL, including the Kershaws conversion I would sell. PM me if interested.

Seriously thinking about one of these to cure my 5ifth scale itch.

Can you get on-road tyres for these? I'm a fair-weather basher so it'll be used on the local industrial estate over winter! ;)

Hey DBXL owners!

Not a petrol RC car yet not sure what one to buy HPI Baja 5B or a Losi DBXL 1:5 4WD Desert Buggy XL any suggestions :)?

Is there many parts for Losi DBXL 1:5 4WD Desert Buggy XL because I can't seem to find many seems as though HPI Baja 5B has a lot more parts!

One or two hop ups and a very small build here!!!!

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/204680-ajs-dee-bee/

• Like 1

Hey DBXL owners!

Not a petrol RC car yet not sure what one to buy HPI Baja 5B or a Losi DBXL 1:5 4WD Desert Buggy XL any suggestions :)?

Is there many parts for Losi DBXL 1:5 4WD Desert Buggy XL because I can't seem to find many seems as though HPI Baja 5B has a lot more parts!

I have both, both great trucks, I'd say:

baja pros:

Fast, fun to drive, loads of hop ups. (KM well worth a look, as it's cheaper still)

Cons:

Hard to work on.

Dbxl pros:

Easy to work on, cheap to buy, very tough.

Cons:

Not as fast stock, 4wd very stable for bashing.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I have both, both great trucks, I'd say:

baja pros:

Fast, fun to drive, loads of hop ups. (KM well worth a look, as it's cheaper still)

Cons:

Hard to work on.

Dbxl pros:

Easy to work on, cheap to buy, very tough.

Cons:

Not as fast stock, 4wd very stable for bashing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks dude! Were can you buy a 32cc engine from and are they pretty easy to fit? 23cc in the Losi seems kinda slow from what I've seen on YouTube.

A G320 (Zenoah 31.8cc) is available from any decent 1/5 supplier, Freeprawn or MMR Modeltech are your best bet, they ain't a straight fit in a DBXL, the wider crankcase hits the short shaft mount and rear brake disk without running bigger gearing to shift the motor over a bit and you need bigger gearing because running stock 20/61 with a G320 it will be slower at top end than the stock 23cc.

My ESP G320 with 23/61 is bag on 45mph, which is just right for general bashing

Hey DBXL owners!

Losi 5ive is the way to go!

Few questions before buying the Losi DBXL.

1. Were is Losi based and is there a UK support just like HPI as?

2. With my nitro rc car the clutch springs were easy to snap how strong are the clutch springs in the Losi DBXL?

3. With a standard Losi DBXL what parts will need upgrading to make it a better performance?

4. HPI have a lot of spare parts that are sold on the internet for there HPI products does Losi have a lot of parts for there Losi DBXL rc cars?

5. Waterproof means I can take it out in the rain or just a wet floor and don't go through water puddles etc?

This is making me buy it haha! - 

Sorry for the newbie questions just wondering before I buy one!

Edited by Ashey S

Have you considered the losi5t? With the amount of money your planning on spending on a dbxl lawn dart and new engine-gearing an what ever you could almost buy losi 5ive t

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoonline/j27teamlosi/j27rtrkits/j27rtrkitPages/los05002c/losi-5ive-t-avc.html

I love the baja but would have a 5ive over a dbxl any day.

btw the 5ives are virtually bomb proof

Few questions before buying the Losi DBXL.

1. Were is Losi based and is there a UK support just like HPI as?

2. With my nitro rc car the clutch springs were easy to snap how strong are the clutch springs in the Losi DBXL?

3. With a standard Losi DBXL what parts will need upgrading to make it a better performance?

4. HPI have a lot of spare parts that are sold on the internet for there HPI products does Losi have a lot of parts for there Losi DBXL rc cars?

5. Waterproof means I can take it out in the rain or just a wet floor and don't go through water puddles etc?

This is making me buy it haha! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL5OPL0hds

Sorry for the newbie questions just wondering before I buy one!

The winter is fast approaching if you want any runtime 4wd is the way to go, the five needs a pipe and rear springs out of the box and as far as I'm aware the Dbxl needs the same plus a rx battery, don't worry about top speed too much rolling a 1/5 scale at 35mph can get exspensive.

• Like 1

Lawn dart? Change the rear springs and that issue is sorted, bit like the 5ive needs new rear springs because the stock ones are too soft

Was only joking AJ..lol