• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hong Nor X3 Sabre E RTR

Well it turned up today :)

I have had a 1/8th buggy before in the form of a Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 and Losi 8ight E

The build quality on this seems better than the Thunder Tiger and about on par with the Losi.

One thing however is the body is butt ugly on this,it is quite tall at the sides and slab sided

I have a couple of 4S lipos already but rather than chop and change the series Deans connectors I have got a loop connector on the one and a Deans to EC5 adapter on the other to match what is on the lipos I have.

In time I will probably change to some Gens Ace.

The motor on this also appears to be oddly small,I beleive it as 2100kv.

The on/off switch was in a place where it could be knocked off by tapping the side of the body so I have moved it out the way although now it is a bit more tricky to reach.

Checked everything over and calibrated the ESC again and we are ready to go except for the rain :(

DSC02972_zpsygagchdx.jpg

DSC02973_zpsbiqvsrc5.jpg

• Like 2

Hey smeghead, what is the slop like in the steering and hubs?I have heard there is a lot of slop with the parts on the losi and my trophy certainly is quite bad aswell. Just wondered how the sabre compared?

cheers.

The steering seems okay to me,no worse than any other RC I have had in that respect although I have yet to run it :)

What about the rear wheels/hubs? Thats where the big problem is on my trophy!

Given it it's maiden run today and have come back home with a grin on my face :)

I am normally a bit conservative when it comes to going all out but today I just went for it.

Did a few jumps that scared the life out of me as I didn't expect it to fly so far and high as it did!

Quite a few crashes as well that is has shrugged off.

I was going to run on road just to test it out on the first run but got bored of that within a few minutes.

Got about 20-25mins run time as well with a 4000mah 4S so thats pretty good as well.

Well happy with the purchase  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Given it it's maiden run today and have come back home with a grin on my face :)

I am normally a bit conservative when it comes to going all out but today I just went for it.

Did a few jumps that scared the life out of me as I didn't expect it to fly so far and high as it did!

Quite a few crashes as well that is has shrugged off.

I was going to run on road just to test it out on the first run but got bored of that within a few minutes.

Got about 20-25mins run time as well with a 4000mah 4S so thats pretty good as well.

Well happy with the purchase  :thumbsup:

Told you they are great :P

I've been telling people on here the hong Nor's are fantastic value for money but they still go and buy a kyosho or hpi but what can you do ;)

Good to see you like the Sabre. On a whim I bought the nitro version with the idea I would convert to brushless if I didn't get on with nitro. It really is one tough little buggy, it's fast and handles superbly. Not to mention VFM is great!

Well got this this morning.

DSC02989_zpsop8kd8ij.jpg

Only ordered them yesterday at about 1ish and picked them up this morning at 10,cant be bad.

Got them on already except for the front brace,not much point putting that on as I want to get some other stuff for the front end and will fit it then.

I had to check the envelope as well as everything felt so light I thought there was nothing in there :)

Edited by smeghead28

I'm tempted to go for the e version of this, same as yours. I have quite a few Turnigy 5000mah 2s lipos already with deans connectors. Would i be able to just plug and play? What connector does this come with as standard? Will i need to run 2 of my batteries at the same time? Or maybe just go for the nitro version as geared up for nitro too.

Looks good, I've got an X1 waiting for a conversion - which you may possibly be able to help with :)

Can you measure the centre mount for me please?  Will need total height, centre to centre of fixings top and bottom as also bearing size aand height to centre of bearing.  I'm hoping it matches the X1/2 as will save me buying the absima kit, which inc lipo tray, pinion etc I don;t really need.

thanks

ps mount is x2s-16a - which suggests it's an X2 part (which should fit my X1 also - fingers crossed).

Edited by capri-boy