• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

Mine is exactly the same Mike, a bit sloppy. In fact there is loose play all over (wheels, steering).

I think I'll have to invest in a full set of bearings as well!

fair nuff...I'll keep eye on it .Although when I do the alza swap I will do the rubber o rings in the cups to take up any play there....u got urs going again yet?? Edited by evssv

That's the one on mine, be aware you can only program it with the led box. The LCD/PC box doesn't work, yet. I'm guessing there will be an firmware update eventually.  Paid

Edited by fornowagain

The play in the wheels can be shinmed out by adding washers on the drive cup behind the rear bearing of each hub

Play in the staleering is normally down to wear on tie rod ball joints and slight slop from servos

This slight slop on the servo grows through the steering components and makes it look like a huge wobble when its only a tiny bit on the servo lol

Edited by jordan_bench10

The centre box is now done..fresh bearings all round. hd gear fitted..cut ends off of the battery boxes to keep cables tidy and slipper locker fitted ...and gonna wait till i got the rest of me parts before i do the alza swap I thk...at least I can run it now...With no issues hopefully! ! 20150304_205113_zpsu9qztyde.jpg 20150304_211430_zpsxn4vcsnm.jpg 20150304_230730_zpsdr3ggwti.jpg It's sounds so much better now that gears been replaced when u push it long...

Edited by evssv

so I got these fitted. ...found jus enuff shims to take up the play in the axials...amazing what difference that thin bit of metal makes...New bearings all round....job done!!

Make sure those purple spacers there can still turn a wee bit with the hexes done up tight, otherwise your new bearings won't last long.

Make sure those purple spacers there can still turn a wee bit with the hexes done up tight, otherwise your new bearings won't last long.

jus checked em and they both turn but r not loose. ...

jus checked em and they both turn but r not loose. ...

so jus been out for the first run and all was sweet until the motor moved forward unmeshing itself ...so reset it...and it went again. ..an again...so Im home now to sort the problem. ....which I assume I need to take a mm if that of the 2 bits the mount clamps down on....the hollow bits the long bolts go through...

Edited by evssv

so jus been out for the first run and all was sweet until the motor moved forward unmeshing itself ...so reset it...and it went again. ..an again...so Im home now to sort the problem. ....which I assume I need to take a mm if that of the 2 bits the mount clamps down on....the hollow bits the long bolts go through...

Is it a leopard motor? They are 39.8mm in diameter compared to the torks 40mm