• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's PMT

Noj

Ha ha, it just wouldn't fit!

Right, so I forgot my rc maths on pack two, a cold compress and the swelling should go down.

Whacked another 6.6 nanotech in, ran excellently for some time, then, same issues of total loss of power?? Truck ran, slowly, off throttle, blip, slow, slow blip blip, neutral, off like a stabbed rat!?!

Running punch a little lower than default (for off the line wheelie control), is it likely this is causing faults? Always run the sc8 in 4wd previously so changing punch wasn't an issue.

Motor temps never above 70f, ESC maxed at 50f, packs constant 42f. Soldering all good, can second hand and therefore an 'unknown' quantity. Had it apart last night and all was in good order however...

Took many tumbles, nowt broke :) Located some shims, so will address the slop later. Think the can came loose when I flipped her on the drive, oops! No biggie, spur should be well.

I remain confused, and pondering buying a new can. The ESC is a bnib v1 BTW, had it sitting in a drawer for two years, figured it should get used!

You sure the ESC isn't over-heating? It can be hard to get an accurate reading if you can't get to the heatsink because of the case and or cooling fan.

How many cycles through the Nano-techs? I don't trust em.

• Like 1

I added the kit shims, felt a bit more shim may have been needed, noted Bez had discovered the same and added an extra .3mm shim per axle. Haven't touched her yet this evening, tea to be cooked etc.

Checked the ESC temps regularly Clive, never got above 50f, plenty of air flow in and around it, no flashing LEDs to say overheat protection enabled.

Nanotechs are 'used', both take time to balance, cells are coming off .01/2v apart. Blast about for a while, then the slowing, then cutting out completely? RX is new, calibrated tx and ESC with no issues (re calibrated in the field too).

Considering fitting a bec over the power cap; perhaps the savox is drawing too much juice, tho, that would not cause complete power loss.

Ninety notes for a UK sourced combo...rather not have to spend it, a pair of new cells is cheaper however ;)

Edited by Noj

If the Rx is browning out, the symptoms would be total throttle loss, just for a second or two.

Without vid evidence, there's not much we can do to help, sorry, but until such videographic evidence turns up, you're on your own. ;)

• Like 1

Have a plan for tomorrow re filming :) If it pans out, sorted. If I get banged up for 'lurking', I'll get back to you :)

Ordered fresh lipos, not a fan of nanotechs myself these days.

I could stick the other combo in as a comparator, comes down to being enthusiastic enough to really want to ;) I have run the wires on this one over the shock tower for ease of removal, so I got something right!

2s, 5000mah +, minimum 40c discharge x 3. Hoyed them in a basket along with other oddments, as you do...like a trip to IKEA, you go for a book case and a lamp, come home with all manner of cheap and useful items ;)

Unearthed a pair of alturns and a power HD, all bnib. Going to swap the savox out, will take but a moment ;)

Edited by Noj

I'll be more accurate.

Poorly nanotechs it seems, had a one pack street blast, ran fine, then cutting out. One cell below the other, pack came off at 7.01v!

New zippys arrived today, will try them tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Hardcase 5400 50c packs, and a soft case 5000 40-40c, which has bullets fitted, d'oh!

Two packs through her without issue :) Tried out the park, good fun was had, left enough juice in a pack to drive home, bonus :)

Love this little truck wheelies for fun, takes knocks and rolls with ease :)

Steering is lacking, better servo methinks. Temp repairs to shell failed, best get the stock one painted.

Edited by Noj

They do, we know the spec, figured why the devil not ;)

Will pop a thread up when she lands, until then, plenty of MT fun to be had :)

Thanks again Arthur, you iz da kind man fo sharing, in it blud!