• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

I could be wrong but I think you will find it is the same car and engine, the only difference is that the one you have ordered has a turbo style glow plug rather than the standard type glow plug as in the other.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 16:52, CandiCane91 said:

Cant run it yet sillys got to wait to get it first ?! I have found loads of sites for parts if I break anything got that covered. But does anyone know any good sites on how to replace things when they break like guides 

here.....:good:...u tube vids help lots:yes:

Edited by evssv

7 minutes ago, CandiCane91 said:

I just can't wait to finally have my car been waiting far to long now! 

just take ya time bedding the engine in!! Oh and make sure the needle settings are correct from factory before it gets it first start up or you kill engine in no time!!

hopefully pic is attached to explain the hsn and lsn!!!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images.jpgbelow the high speed needle is another screw on carb body DON'T touch this as it the fuel spray bar setting and touching this if you don't know what you are doing can get you in serious trouble!!

Edited by firestorm01
added info
  • Like 1

on your carb there are four settings:

high speed needle

low speed needle

idle gap

mid range fuel spray bar

The top three (as shown in pic above) are the ONLY three you need to adjust AFTER bedding in the engine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2016 at 09:53, CandiCane91 said:

Hi, I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered but bought the HoBao Hyper 7 .28 Mach. Can't wait to try it out as totally new to all this. Just have a question if anyone could help that runs the same what glow plugs should I get and where's best to get from? Ow and from Bristol :) 

OS P3/P4 (or the cheaper bullit p3/p4 its the same plug) have worked very well for me and Alpha glow plugs work good too, You can get them from Bolton model mart since you are new i would like to give you this link http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/295490-tuning-bible.html. I probably would have quit the hobby if i didnt find this thread. Tells you everything about breaking in/tuning and engine

The thing with buying a new car without doing research is not having the nerve to learn everything before going and using it. I did about 2 years old pure research before finally getting mine half a year ago and im very glad i did learn before buying. Just take a couple hours every night watching or researching tuning videos and setups. One guy i cant recommend enough is Nitro RC Nerds on youtube, He has a hyper 7 too. About servos, Dont go cheap. Just go full out best servos you can, Its better buying 2 durable servos which are expensive but last many years than getting 2 for half the price which last serveral runs, Something i learnt very recently. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi all I bought a hyper 7 a few weeks back and the engine has bit the dust on me the pin that holds to piston broke its housing and snapped the bottom part of the piston gutted but more to the point what engine would I be best putting in it at a reasonable price the one that was in it was a xtm 28. cheers 

• 1 month later...

I've just got a hyper 7 my first nitro I would upload a pic every time I try it says I can only upload 194 kbs or something lol and I got a clue how to change so I can upload I hate tech

Edited by Hyper7tq
Explaining why can't upload pic

Just a quick newbie 1 for ya my car seems to be running rich throws loads of fuel out the exhaust how can this be stopped it's a hyper 7tq also I'm after a clear shell and clear wing if any body knows of any that will fit cheers Jonny from Leicester

33 minutes ago, Hyper7tq said:

Just a quick newbie 1 for ya my car seems to be running rich throws loads of fuel out the exhaust how can this be stopped it's a hyper 7tq also I'm after a clear shell and clear wing if any body knows of any that will fit cheers Jonny from Leicester

As it runs in it gets a better fit, becomes more efficient and will need leaned in, following proper break in procedure of course.

Edited by GT1

Just now, Hyper7tq said:

I brought it second hand mate was used as a basher 

It could just be the weather then(atmospheric pressure), or different fuel, plug, lines, tank etcc, there are a few variables. Mostly just the weather will require a reset. The fun of nitro.