• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

Something tells me they don't but I recently watched an ebay auction (missed it doh) claiming they did.  5 mins job to check Leon, get to it!

Been away from the laboratory all weekend, so got back with the cars, put them on, and they fit snug as a bug ! Sorted mine and the missus car out with a set. Oh, and removed those snappy hing pins on the front and back, found out i snapped the rear left one which is why i lost the shaft. Now with steel screws and nuts. :D

Brushless conversion...

nnot got hyper 8 but I rough list..

Front and rear drives halts.  

Diff mount / motor mount.

Mount top plate. 

Motor.

Pinion. 

ESC

Battery tray 

Servo 

Receive

Wheels :P

That's rough spit of of bits.

Go on Google images and search hyper 8 then look at pictures and play spot what's missing lol

• Like 1

Oh ok. Sweet. I thought there may have been a base plate for the diff mounts as there's a broken peice of ally on the chassis I've received. First place I've found that has a half decent stock of bits is apex. EBays ok but it's mostly hyper 7 bits. I know not all the 7 bits fit and Im fairly certain the diff mount isn't interchangeable?

• Like 1

cnc towers fr / rear and sum ally chassis  braces fr / rear if ur gonna bash  hard. .... ....possibly cnc hubs if u kill the stock ones. .....took me a while  to kill  a stock one though...and cvd's all round.....that's all the hyper  needs  to b almost  bullet proof imo. .....but it will brake if  abused  hard enuff. .like anything ...

Edited by evssv

Just discovered it has a carbon front plate as well. Carbon servo tray cover as well but this has been butchered by the previous owner with plans of a brushless conversion. Has anyone got a link to the 20mm shocks mentioned in an earlier thread. Only thing I haven't found yet

Just discovered it has a carbon front plate as well. Carbon servo tray cover as well but this has been butchered by the previous owner with plans of a brushless conversion. Has anyone got a link to the 20mm shocks mentioned in an earlier thread. Only thing I haven't found yet

Not avail new anywhere as far as i'm aware.  I may have enough bits in shocks box to build a set but don't think i've got any spare springs.

Hong nor big bores (check SMD - they we're on sale) are prob the best (price+performance) new alternative.

They look sexy... Bit close to the driveshaft? Linky?

Thanks matey , yeah they worked out well , the 8.5 is a great bit of kit only let down by the standard shocks , with these it handles our astro track nicely ! And the shocks are to naughty on the pocket if you buy em in kit form and set them up yourself , abt 80 ish [emoji2] .

The Hoboa shocks are £55 , so 80 for kyosho mp9's don't look so expensive in kit form !

HN big bores are currently on offer for £40 without springs.

Many 1/8 buggy shocks are similar in length. I had Losi 8 (2.0?) on one Hyper - they we're a tad short but made it a demon on the road:

16970686747_d0f89c924a_o.jpg

• Like 1

40 quid is great , If I can't afford the mp9 shocks at the time I may go for the HN on the nitro build, very nice bud, where can you pick up the cf towers? Or what buggy lol.

Alas, she came with CF towers on (got car in a packge deal, was too nice to use! cnc chassis,t he works - it sold quick), DMS did do them many moons ago.  Should be easy enough to get some made, though you'll need more than that to drop enough weight to get her competitive.  CF great on a racer, not for a basher - to easy to break.

Should have kept her but had other fish to fry and had a nicely specced basher at the time (now Fletch's)

17178103555_9080715955_o.jpg

16511776103_b197a2a12e_o.jpg

Edited by capri-boy
edit
  • Like 1

That's one very high spec basher ! :)I had no idea they were produced in that spec but I've only been back into cars these past 18 months after 10 years of flying . I have no plans to race the 8.5 really, it's only done a handful of laps at our track , an couple trips to the park , they are a heavy lump in turn makes they one solid basher as we all know :b ,so I was thinking keeping the two for exactly that , I haven't had the time I'd first thought I would have to race at the moment just the odd practice day , but when I do I'm still set on a mugen mbx7 eco , there's a few at the club an their just beautiful , light an I can't resist it lol .

That's one very high spec basher ! :)I had no idea they were produced in that spec but I've only been back into cars these past 18 months after 10 years of flying . I have no plans to race the 8.5 really, it's only done a handful of laps at our track , an couple trips to the park , they are a heavy lump in turn makes they one solid basher as we all know :b ,so I was thinking keeping the two for exactly that , I haven't had the time I'd first thought I would have to race at the moment just the odd practice day , but when I do I'm still set on a mugen mbx7 eco , there's a few at the club an their just beautiful , light an I can't resist it lol .

Mugen's are very popular at the moment, for that reason if I had the funds to race 1/8 I wouldn't bother with them.  There's rumours around that there's a new one on the cards too, hence some of the discount deals knocking around at the moment.

Buyer sank a lot of dollar into that 7, in hindsight I should have swapped the shocks and towers for mine and ran that one... it's only looking back at the pics I realise it had cnc arm braces too.  The CNC chassis was the extended version too (there really cheap atm for the 8.5 if you shop around), alas someone at some point couldn't decided on battery tray placement and it had a slight case of woodworm.

Been less than a week without a 7 and i'm already regretting selling the last one :/

• Like 1