• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

Thanks mate [emoji2] I'm a frequent user of fb so I'll look for the guys,hopefully they shall come in handy once I get the build going I'd start on it now if it wasn't for having no funds for rc lol , I have a little list In mind so as soon as funds are available I'll be set to go , I can't wait I haven't had any nitro action since selling my Hpi xl earlier this year an the 5.9 motor on that was notorious pig at times ,till it was sealed , it received a lot of bad press for sloppy running and little power but once sealed and retuned I had it wheeling and hitting third gear every time ! , with a bit on the hs needle to spare ,so I'm looking forward to having a play with a play with the nitro again .f0073f5bc1c2e5e20d6b960c0d79a474.jpg This is our track today [emoji18]

That's a cool track! Looks like you might need a boat though!

Here's ours, plenty of choice:lol:

image_zps3b057ea2.jpg

• Like 1

I have the savox 1256tg in my hyper 7 and it is flawless, very quick with plenty of torque and even keeps the precision at 100+mph, well worth the £50 IMO.

i have the 0254 in my st and it's a bit weak in there but will do the job just for bashing, it struggles to turn the wheels when stationary but is ok when in motion

• Like 1

Done some work on the hyper's yesterday

fitted the XL2 in the 7 for speed running, just need to tidy up the wiring and make a bracket to secure the esc to the centre diff mount :)

e42bfb248da4fdd565ac09e2a40262bc.jpg

I even had my 15 month old son showing me how to fix it :D

c8ec4bd5c53953a50f84299bff9f427a.jpg

Also I have nearly finished the ST conversion, just need to sort out the rx box and hide the wiring, this is my first ST and I can't wait to beat the snot out of it a805cbc55e5af6b52200c5ebe2cc79f6.jpg

Saabmania can you add me to the ST owners list please :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Quick question guys.

I'm having a bit of a problem finding out what particular chassis I have for the 8.5

There are several different lengths and I was wondering if there were any distinguishing features between the different part numbers. I notice mine has f2 r2 machined into the chassis where the engine would have sat.

• Like 1

Quick question guys.

I'm having a bit of a problem finding out what particular chassis I have for the 8.5

There are several different lengths and I was wondering if there were any distinguishing features between the different part numbers. I notice mine has f2 r2 machined into the chassis where the engine would have sat.

Poss +2mm front and rear?  I've only ever seen + X mm rear for the 7's myself.  Usually the only things longer chassis effects are centre dog bone lengths.

• Like 1

Quick question guys.

+4mm .... extended 2mm in fr[ont] and 2mm in r[ear]   FR2 / R2 ...   IIRC the 8.5 standard chassis were all that way?  The first 8.0 of which I had a couple - one had to get an upgraded version to get the FR/R2 extended.  However; upon release of the 8.5 - it was standard.  Or something like that.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Chassis-7075-Cnc-H8-Fr2_p_6345.html

http://www.eofna.com/Chassis-7075-Cnc-H8-Fr2_p_6345.html

• Like 1

Just had a look on the rc willpower site , Crist they got a couple of hobao spares lol, I rebuilt my 8.5 in my head ,shame their across the pond in good old usa [emoji18] , I noted a few parts that I already have like the cnc shock towers ,cnc front+ rear hinge pin holders , extended chassis , bits an Bob's

Anyhow cool site , how's the shipping to

Sunny Britain ?

I've also decided to go back to nitro with my Hyper 8 , so I'm selling up my leccy gear from the hyper , if anybody is interested in a nearly new 1/8 trackstar combo can view then on scrc club on Facebook .f74316ae5d4ea05da87fc21b6955a5d0.jpg getting her ready to convert back ! b2594b7eab7f9da92c225394a8e1ec7f.jpg0fa853b90ef620ce2d5af545b9d3ad8f.jpgd2a586d376c5b24b36d1e1f20a47b327.jpg84fc1e33d5c87f0e11d90b32034339c9.jpg5acd45763cca049f1fb42bf2bd8c5cdf.jpg bits up for sale on fb scrc !

True that , I can't see that last pic James dunno why ? Yes I mean there pro's an con's in everything it's how you use those your own advantage[emoji2]. leccy is great if you're haven't the time , less maintenance , consistent power , reliable ect .

But tbh I miss the tinkering the most part , noise +smell.

I was reading a few old nitro threads on here the other night and thought yes that's it that's what I need again lol .