• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

People who claim to be ex-SAS

KORB

While I was out with my two dogs this afternoon walking public footpaths through field's a couple up ahead of me were walking two very large German shepherds and clearly having trouble in keeping them in check. They then turned the corner and I assumed they had entered the adjoining field then realised one of their dogs was hurtling down the track towards me and my two dogs their dog made a bee line for my small patter dale which was so frightened and yelping , when the owner arrived he he started shouting at me to get my dog on a lead .. Erm your dog came to US pal I hope it hasn't bitten my dog. You have no common sense he yelled, Are you sure about that I asked, I'm ex- SAS he yelled at me , yeah, of course you are, I replied. Anyway I finally managed to get my dogs away and continued on our walk (patter dale under my arm) for about a further mile before turning round and heading home, the two people had followed me and stood aside as I went by then started hurling abuse he is polish and his wife a southerner with a disgusting mouth for a woman. Again, he started shouting he was ex -SAS , I laughed at them both and told them to kiss my butt , he then said your country sends little boys, army cadets to fight wars and I am being honest here, my friends son was executed in northern irag on the 26th of Jan 2014, and i wanted to go and punch the guys face in talk about taking the p**s he really was looking for trouble!

So- why do people claim to be ex-sas ? If there wasn't a witness (his gobby wife) I think I might just be in cells by now. Even though all this sa stupid as it seems was due to them not being in control of two very large and aggressive dogs . Just thankful someone wasn't out walking with a young child.

I hate people who claim to ex-forces , daydreamers as I call them.

• Like 1

I say claiming to be an ex member of any of our Armed Forces when you aren't is hugely disrespectful to those who have served and who continue to serve.

What a tool. No one is worth doing time over, imho. Glad you and your pets came away unscathed, and think on, you're the better man AND don't have a screeching, foul mouthed woman to deal with  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I say claiming to be an ex member of any of our Armed Forces when you aren't is hugely disrespectful to those who have served and who continue to serve.

What a tool. No one is worth doing time over, imho. Glad you and your pets came away unscathed, and think on, you're the better man AND don't have a screeching, foul mouthed woman to deal with  :thumbsup:

Must admit, I was laughing at his claim while walking home, but it just makes me ask why people have to claim to be this or that. You're absolutely right though... He is a tool !

Hang on, HE claimed to be ex SAS then mocks our armed forces?!  :xd:

Hang on, HE claimed to be ex SAS then mocks our armed forces?!  :xd:

Exactly!

Special air service is UK 

Wojska Specjalne is the polish version . 

and to be honest ex forces dont go around boasting oh i was this that and the other

they very rare talk about what they did you may get little snippets but thats it. 

confrontation is something they try to keep away from, they know what they are capable of.

and have to control that instinct drilled into you.

he felt threatended by something in your appearance/stance so defended by fibbing about his so called ex stature

a kind of im this dont mess you may get hurt, but really a hope he falls for this bluff or im *censored*.

• Like 2

Ha ha,a member of the "I was in the S.A.S" brigade,only outnumbered by the "I used to be a sniper" brigade.

I am a regular on the ARRSE site and the amount of civvies on there masquerading as squaddies is frightning.

I bet you could tell some pretty juicy "snippets" T.C.

Yeah anybody who has served with the SAS is not likely to go round bragging about it......if he said he was an ex Para then that is a different tale and completely believable.

The SAS (from what I encountered) were a very down to earth bunch who treat others exactly how they would treat any of there mates even though they are machines and some of the most elite soldiers in the world.

I would of asked him what regt he served with and bamboozled him and made him feel a right ARRSE :whistling:

Edited by shdaxner

'Us' being?

Seeing as how the Polish fought alongside the Brits (Yanks, free French, Canadians etc), I'm not convinced that argument holds water ;)

A vat of boiling oil, on the other hand, is a strong argument in any given situation. Portability however, is, as ever, troublesome :(

Special air service is UK

Wojska Specjalne is the polish version .

and to be honest ex forces dont go around boasting oh i was this that and the other

they very rare talk about what they did you may get little snippets but thats it.

confrontation is something they try to keep away from, they know what they are capable of.

and have to control that instinct drilled into you.

he felt threatended by something in your appearance/stance so defended by fibbing about his so called ex stature

a kind of im this dont mess you may get hurt, but really a hope he falls for this bluff or im *censored*.

Of course the other saying goes something like - Those who know say nothing, those who know nothing say all . I've yet to visit my village watering hole, hopefully he will be there one day when I can ask him again... What is the colour of the boathouse at Hereford! Edited by KORB

As a Kid traveling the world with my mother and my father who was in the army at the time,

i have been to some dives in the world and yet some most beautiful places, met amazing people and seen

cultures most kids read about in a geography lesson.

but there has been bad times, when dad use to go away, or when ever we went out as a family his whole kit came with us. 

in the 70's we were in singapore in the late 70's we shipped out to the rock ( gibraltar ) , guns tanks jeeps lorrys earthmovers etc etc etc

as a kid to me these were normal things . one day mum had 8 squaddies at the door asking her to remove her son from the middle of the road.

yeah i was 5 held up a whole convoy of 16 ton trucks carrying guns, soldiers the lot, hahaha i was playing with my building blocks. 

Dad was an enginer went out and fixed the stuff the guys broke, in the field and off the field but he also had a other side.

i learnt he was on call for a job in cypress his kit came with us for like a month or so, but whatever it was did not go down.

im yet to be told what he was to do but i have a clue and it aint dancing to a lambada.

i had fun as a kid but my childhood was a little different i lived behind a fence of barb wire and my schools were world wide for a time

but as a kid you know and learn stuff, see things some children never would, good thing is fps shooters, he sits and watches me play

cues me on place to scan obscure hiding places etc etc,

some people do boast but that gets them into the trouble, some meat head hears your ex army so wants beef, gets slapped hard then 

its mr police man at your door for assaults, thats the reason most stay quiet, the second is they have a rule you dont talk about your missions.

The bloke who trained me for my sia badge was ex sas left and started in the s.i.a industry

We only know this as he had an easy start into the s.i.a industry due to it he wont run around saying ought though hes sworn to secrecy act if in breach then it hmp or worse depend on the case youve breached whether its ongoing or if it could endanger ex members lives