• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Radio gear

shdaxner

i have used the cheapo flysky, and i wasnt impressed. when using it around other rc users at a meet it glitched so badly. i moved to spectrum and had no issues. and then recently changed over to an absima cr4t and it is very smooth and responsive. i would say better then the older spectrum dx3 i had for a few years. There are other brands such as absima which are very good for the money as spectrum are quite expensive in comparison.

Its funny how some are saying absima radios when their rebadged flysky I would say go with the futaba 3PL or stretch your budget a bit more and get a sanwa mt4 from hobbyking http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__52456__Sanwa_Airtronics_MT_4_Telemetry_2_4GHz_FHSS_4T_4CH_Surface_Radio_System.html

On back order in uk warehouse but still

I had the CR3P for a week. Has nothing but trouble with it., interference and also it says it has a ten model memory but doesn't. You can have ten profiles saved but only one receiver bonded at any time. Bought the spektrum dx4c for 99 and it's great!

You pay for quality, cheap radio gear is cheap for a reason......it looks cheap, feels cheap and never as good as quality brands.

Spektrum, futaba, Sanwa are all quality brands, something else to factor in is cost of extra receivers, spektrum are

• Like 1

Nice bit of kit mate,

4x 2200mah rechargeables last me 5-6 months in these handsets so don't be too disheartened.

May seem a silly question but do you leave your batteries in if they do not need to be charged?

The reason I ask is in my Hobao transmitter which I used to use AA's with I used to leave the batteries in, I started to have connection issues and found that the batteries were not touching the springs all the time as the springs were compressed and not returning like they should.

I'd always advise on taking them out mate, they can potentially leak and fail..

I've left mine in for long periods of time before now, sometimes just forget etc

I use good quality rechargeables cost a little more but pay back with runtime and life span.

You happy with the Radio?

Yes happy with it so far, only fiddled with it and tweaked the end points and stuff but much better quality than the radios I have had before.

I too will be investing in some decent AA'S as my daughters plethora of toys have adopted all my rechargeable Duracell's.

• 1 month later...

I used spektrum for years and never had problems only changed to to futaba 4pl cos off settings for duel esc when I did competition crawling

I must say I prefer the futaba though and any off my friends who have used it like it too even over their spektrum ones

It started to glitch alot.....temporarily losing signal, intermittently losing reverse, I didn't want to risk totaling a car just because of the cheap radio gear.

That's not good, back to the drawing board as I didn't really want to spend more than