• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*NEED HELP* kyosho mini inferno brushless conversion

gary.mck

hi

I've just bought the trackstar 6100kv kit from hobbyking, I've removed the old motor and fitted the brushless, I'm a bit confused with the wiring though.

how do I connect the lipo?

5c28356595ec19bdeba7ecadb062268b.jpg

the old battery connector went into a little black block, so I took that off and put the red and black wires from the esc into this d7ffa83e020e7f270ac2a76f77dc4a8d.jpg

proper confused and the instructions that came with the motor are pants :(

please help before I end up blowing the car up ????

ok I've got the battery connected ????

when I turn the car on it makes a space Invaders sound, followed by two beeps but then the led just keeps flashing

ok buddy lets get this worked out for you. 

ESC will want a male XT60 connector solder to the battery terminals,

where you have the red and black going to a block you need that block to be a male XT60 connector

see that lead comming from the esc with red black white wires and a little black connetor on the end, that goes into your receiver unit ( thr/throttle/ch1)

it will power your reciever.

now your steering servo has the same like for like plug, this gets plugged into the reciever to (ail/steer/ch2)

so it goes - battery / esc , then esc and servo to receiver.

SETUP: the esc will need to know the end points. its a clever little brain that looks at your hand controller

it wants to know where fulll throttle is and where max brake is. think of this as the brake and gas peddle it need to know how far in it can be pushed

and thats how far your throttle trigger moves and brake trigger.

now first  power up your handset have it turned on ready, and you ALWAYS turn handset on first and then its the last to be turned off at end of play.

now plug in your battery, your esc will make some noises beep bep bep, play a tune or something else, this is boot up.

pull the trigger in for max throttle. now release it and slide forwards to engage full brake ( or reverse).

your esc may make some sounds or you may see your esc change some led colors.

most esc manuals have the info for calibration setup. they can be somewhat broken english.

but look for an area that mention throttle then brake its usually not far from the start of the info about esc

once your esc has this min and max point set the esc will auto load them when powered on.

and your esc will now be ready to use to. 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

nice one thanks for getting back to me about this :)  completely lost track of this so i'll pick it up tonight and see if i can get it sorted :D

thank you

Hi, I think I've found the issue... The tx rx that was originally fitted was kyosho ra-11 so I'll need to get a new tx and rx won't I to be able to connect this up? 41a9f785f62203e4cb4ca06bd4bec083.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That does not make sense dude, minimum a receiver will have is 2 channels?? one for throttle / esc and one for steering servo, unless you have one of those units where the esc and receiver are combined ??? try posting a pic looking down so I can see where the servo plug goes and I will try and help

bed1214b21b56749073e4df91db12981.jpg

There you go mate.

I know very weird, everything I've had before had at least 2 channels. Which is why I was confused ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 5 years later...

Hi

Sorry to bump this old thread but i've just dug out the mini inferno and i'm looking to finally finish off the conversion 🙂

i just need a 2 channel 27MHZ receiver that will accept the connection from the stock steering servo and the new one i got as part of the Trackstar 1/18 scale brushless power system 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstar-1-18th-scale-14t-brushless-power-system-4300kv.html

Cheers

Gaz

would this resolve my issues?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-sr2s-2-channel-2-4ghz-radio-control-system-stick-radio/rc-car-products/407387

providing the stock steering servo and trackstar brushless motor connections will work this this receiver?

cheers

Gaz