• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Alza blocks bending

Nitro RC Nerd

After employing the bulkhead brace kit , I noticed that the b and c blocks are already a bit bend where the pin knocked it. The good news is the kit did it's job, but surprised it gave in so easily. 

To be fair I've not spoken with Dejan about this yet...and really not looking for compensation or anything..but this is a little unnerving. Just curious about the success others have had with it? Has anyone else had theirs bend? I really didn't even go off on the truck and test it out yet...it seemed to bend by de-facto. 

I'm running this kit  because I have to (it mitigated a design flaw with the truck).  I'm not one of these guys who does a 'build' by compiling a big list of parts not even knowing if they are needed, and worse never driving my truck but instead only talking about all hhe cool parts I;m compiling. So know that I got this kit with explicit intentions so anything else is a let-down..

I told him a while back I'd like to see a 'Next Gen' version offered with threaded hinge pins that can be captured with nylon nuts. I realize it might not be cost-effective but it's really the right way to do it, IMO. I know I'd pay a little extra to do it right.  When I saw the b block, I thought ('ah...bad luck on my end...but then saw the 'c' and it was worse). As noted, they did their job...but if they give any more they won't be doing it.

Pics?

I've not really driven my Savvy in anger yet, I'm waiting on dry ground to arrive. It will be ramped, but nothing bonkers. Mine's mostly stock, in fact, the front and rears are completely stock. The chassis and CD mount are the only non stock parts so far. I'll RPM as I break stuff. The braces from Alza are highly rated, but that's something else I'll upgrade as I need to.