• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Xceed 1/8th & 1/10th off-road car stand

53HRA

Xceed RC are happy to introduce the latest addition to our line of racer friendly products with the introduction of this handy car stand.

Suitable for most scales of on road vehicles, electric and gas, it has been made from a single piece of 2mm thick black anodised aluminium. Sporting the Xceed logo laser etched into the top and sides, the feet and top platform feature foam pads for helping to prevent your car and stand from moving around your work bench. A nice added feature is the inclusion of 4 holes in the top surface for sitting your shock absorbers into when refilling them!

gallery_4895_8_106085.jpg

Source: Xceed :)

Rant mode on:

Now, I know I'm a newb when it comes to rc cars, but, seriously?

I've just filled a set of four shocks using nothing more than an empty two litre milk bottle (and shock oil of course).

Is alloy cnc the be all the end all when it comes to rc cars?

From day one I've used food containers to lift all four wheels from the ground/table/surface!

The advantage of this is that they are readily available at most supermarkets.

I don't feel like the new messiah, but perhaps I'm a very naughty boy.

Do we more gain kudos buy demonstrating how much we spend, or by the enjoyment we receive by operating on a tight budget?

PS I've never owned an iphone, ipod or ipad, function over form every time.

Rant mode off:

Have a good Christmas girls and and guys.

Rant mode on:

I've just filled a set of four shocks using nothing more than an empty two litre milk bottle (and shock oil of course).

From day one I've used food containers to lift all four wheels from the ground/table/surface!

Do we more gain kudos buy demonstrating how much we spend, or by the enjoyment we receive by operating on a tight budget?

Rant mode off:

It comes in a nice green colour though...

• Like 1

I stand my Baja on a block of wood into which I have drilled several holes for removing balljoints etc. I suspect that may be a more cost effective solution, but I have not checked the actual cost of this black anodised green thing ;)

I stand my cars on bits of sawed off drainpipe when not in use and don't even own a smartphone....I am probably not in Exceed's target market for this.

It's likely to be reasonably priced, given that Exceed's rigs don't hurt the wallet too much.

Let me raise a quick point, of you are using the stand to keep your rig off its wheels while working on it, how do you use the shock support holes, or if you are working on the shocks, what do you stand the rig on? ????

Xceed RC are happy to introduce the latest addition to our line of racer friendly products with the introduction of this handy car stand.

Suitable for most scales of on road vehicles, electric and gas, it has been made from a single piece of 2mm thick black anodised aluminium. Sporting the Xceed logo laser etched into the top and sides, the feet and top platform feature foam pads for helping to prevent your car and stand from moving around your work bench. A nice added feature is the inclusion of 4 holes in the top surface for sitting your shock absorbers into when refilling them!

gallery_4895_8_106085.jpg

Source: Xceed :)

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Theres 8 holes in the top.

It is also conveniently designed so any bees in the vicinity can use it to store excess honey.... or something like that.

You could, of course, slot spare driveshafts through the holes in the side, and then drop ball bearings through the 8 ( yes....8 ) holes in the top to make an RC themed version of KerPlunk to while away the time when not fixing your RCs.

4 + 4 = 8.   Or it used to  :whistling:

I think that was in 'old money' RM...

Personally, I find dead ferrets perfect for all RC stand/shock support needs; provided you can pose their little hands and feet properly, they'll grip pretty much anything :)

'People' will buy this and feel good. Come the revolution, let's see where their 'it's bling therefore life improving' attitude gets them!

Wood, pipe and boxes FTW

• Like 1

Back to serious business, I think they meant 'set of 4' hence my comment. There are 2 sets - different sizes, which does of course = ....

I just find whatever's the dimension required at hand - storage boxes seem to work quite well. I've even used Tamiya spray cans before now - depending on vehicle of course.

Al.

Rant mode on:

Rant mode off:

Had the very same Heated Discussion  a couple of years ago, And still nice to see that Literally nothing has changed since then, The same lazy design being passed off as something new from someone different.