• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hydraulic discs

carnageUK

they can.

they use a double sided servo horn, your back brake/throttle stays the same, and your front's come off the other side of the horn, so when you brake it moves the rod into the cylinder(crating pressure, pushing the pad's against the disks). 

Mechatech are the best you can get. I love mine. 

Dont get a cheap set as they leak, are a pain to blead, and you cant get replacement parts. 

If they leak it makes a mess over your car and if t leaks at the disk then the pads will get saturated and fall apart

Edited by (-:AD:-)

Do you have an alloy servo plate?

If its still the stock plastic one, this flexes a lot - extra bracing can work.

The stronger the servo also, the better - I use a Savox 1230 500 oz in at 6V.

You will need to keep adjusting slightly regularly to keep the balance just right.

I have tuning brakes front and rear on my 18 kg FG MT.

It stops just fine.

Al.

you dont need a alloy servo plate.. he's on about a hpi baja.

you do need a decent servo.. I use a savox 1256tg (20kg). Prob the best for front brakes.

I dont have to keep on adjusting mine... once set up about right they last. Until the pad's start to wear.. witch is a long while.

As above. Run a double sided servo horn and a fail safe on your throttle servo. You may need to trim the roll cage for the linkage. Nearly finished my Digi 4 throttle servo conversion on my Baja with a LiFe battery to allow a whole load of torque to be applied to my brakes :lol:

Gents,

been lookin for a video of how to fit hydraulics brakes to the font of my Baja ss with no look , any links available ? So I have a few Qs , if I fit hydraulics will these make the stock brake useless , do I need a servo upgrade from the stock servo , mechatech are a bit out of my price range so I was lookin at GTB New Type II 4 Piston Front Hydraulic Brake, cheaper yes but any good ?,

Cheers guys dave

Gents,

been lookin for a video of how to fit hydraulics brakes to the font of my Baja ss with no look , any links available ? So I have a few Qs , if I fit hydraulics will these make the stock brake useless , do I need a servo upgrade from the stock servo , mechatech are a bit out of my price range so I was lookin at GTB New Type II 4 Piston Front Hydraulic Brake, cheaper yes but any good ?,

Cheers guys dave

if u run double sided servo horn you can use stock rear's with hyro brakes

servo upgrade would be good for the hydro pump

I had GTB's i think & they were awesome