• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Markswebpages's Traxxas Summit

Markswebpages

Don't get me wrong though chaps, I love splashing the cars through puddles and across streams, throwing up snow rooster-tails, all great fun. Trouble is, it causes a lot of damage, a lot of which can't be seen without dismantling. So unless you're going to strip and rebuild after every bash, is the wet stuff really worth it?

Roll on summer! ;)

• Like 1

Drop Saabmania2 a pm with the size required :)

I followed Tug's lead after my first winter of rc-ing, dry conditions only on owt that needs expensive rebuilds.. ;)

Already on it with Saabmania2 but I think I might wait and order a set with him. I have some Traxxas ones on their way already, but the ones I got from Saabmania2 where much better than the Traxxas ones and better value!

Don't get me wrong though chaps, I love splashing the cars through puddles and across streams, throwing up snow rooster-tails, all great fun. Trouble is, it causes a lot of damage, a lot of which can't be seen without dismantling. So unless you're going to strip and rebuild after every bash, is the wet stuff really worth it?

Roll on summer! ;)

To be honest I think I'll have a job to resist if it snows I think my days of wading through puddles and out in the wet are done, I was so lucky that I've caught this early and managed to save most of the bearings.

I will change them all eventually but for the time being I just want it up and running again.

Edited by Markswebpages

Nearly, got the rear bumper and skid plate to put on and then I need to reset all the servo's.

But I've got two screws I can't find a home for [emoji35] I'll have to figure it out because it'll bug me until I do. The Traxxas drawings are OK but not 100% accurate sometimes, so I bet I've missed them out somewhere and I'll need to take the dam thing apart to get to wherever it is.

I'm off today so the radio will go on and I'll sit and tinker until it's right. Too wet to go out today anyway [emoji23]

Edited by Markswebpages

I got the bearings from Saabmania2 exactly for that reason, the only ones I stupidly didn't ask if he had where the big ones that run around the diff.

Maybe after I get paid I'll get at set just in case.

I kinda knew in the back of mind that doing what I did (using it in the water) would have this result, but a bit disappointed that I'm now going to be quite wary of using it in any damp condition. It's

Edited by Markswebpages

Finally back together [emoji1]

abf78d3fbfc23e7d329d9041e6a3c7e6.jpg

1a44a94ade4f0b820c3ab5b0a5f4c023.jpg

65e7c65839dccada2a2b36758730cf28.jpg

bf00572175862f0ce8804e44015072e0.jpg

Not completely without incident though as the micro servo for the gearbox decided to have an absolute flid and only started working properly once I'd opened it up to find nothing wrong.

Just go to have another buzz around it check everything is tight and tidy then we're good for our next DRY outing [emoji12]

For what it's worth I sprayed them with this

fcb54dedbf4afc818dbb3d8ae797f8f3.jpg

It's an interesting finish it's matt but a really bright colour. I should have spent a bit longer really and put a couple of extra coats on as its a bit thin in places. Not the best coverage but then again it's a funny shape to spray and get evenly on every surface.

Edited by Markswebpages

Ask saabmania, he has access to pretty much everything ;) Ceramic are quite pricey, iirc...no idea if they would prove more durable than metal bearings in mucky conditions.

I think you have a puddle fixation, personally.... ;)

Ask saabmania, he has access to pretty much everything ;) Ceramic are quite pricey, iirc...no idea if they would prove more durable than metal bearings in mucky conditions.

I think you have a puddle fixation, personally.... ;)

Yeah I will do Saabmania2 does offer really good bearings.

Look I'm going going to be 40 years old in April it's acting like a child that helps me stay sane LOL

No more puddles for me unless it involves real 4x4's.

did you find a home for the missing screw or just throw them in your parts box lol.

No more wet running for me, after this

3499.jpg

I found this

3519.jpg

I knew it had been apart before because it came with extra bits. I'm a bit ocd with stuff like the right screws in the right places. I did find homes for them but some where wrong anyway.

The Traxxas diagrams always seem to be missing the piece of information I want and you have to use your common sense sometimes as it was clearly wrong on a couple of bits.

According to my wife men hold the secret of the ageing process we never grow up in the first place!! haha and why should we? we might end up like them all miserable and no fun

Edited by Saabmania2

• 2 months later...

They're a bit rubbish I'm afraid as it's a cheap Chinese copy of a GoPro and I need to find a better way of mounting it to stop it wobbling from side to side. But here are a couple of videos from recent outings.

https://youtu.be/IB6av0oXLeg

https://youtu.be/V6eM1FkepC0

https://youtu.be/cYx9viHqXfc

https://youtu.be/CW2IjCKdi8Q

Really glad I got the truck, the beach is really what I had in mind, so in the summer I could take it on holiday and walk along with it.

It's a great all rounder though and is just as happy blasting around on the grass.

Maybe some more steering servos with a bit more torque would be nice and a proper BEC would possibly help? But otherwise very happy.

A new shell in a colour a bit more imaginative would be nice evening as well.

Edited by Markswebpages

Most people opt for a single servo, Savox 1256 is a popular choice.

External BEC is always a good idea, cheap as chips from Hobbyking. Don't forget to disengage the red cable on the ESC Rx cable.