• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hairy's Baja

HairyGranola

I havnt seen them for sale anywhere. I quite like a bit of diy so i just thought id do em myself anyway.

There is holes on the cage so screw the panels onto though which is gonna help alot.

Bigjim i see your from guildford, im from portsmouth and theres naff all bashing spots down here, you got any goodens up your way?

I havnt seen them for sale anywhere. I quite like a bit of diy so i just thought id do em myself anyway.

There is holes on the cage so screw the panels onto though which is gonna help alot.

Bigjim i see your from guildford, im from portsmouth and theres naff all bashing spots down here, you got any goodens up your way?

I'm sure there's a few, I'm yet to find any yet where you don't get chucked off though, oxshott is great, but too sandy for my liking it kills the cars & is a total pita to clean them after a barn there, I'm off to perham tomorrow as its secluded & a great spot to give the 5th scale a clear out!

I've just ordered a cage do you know what I will need to fit it mounts ect thanks

If youve ordered the same one as me it comes with mounts. I also bought a front bumper, stone guards and the engine guard set. [emoji106]

I'm sure there's a few, I'm yet to find any yet where you don't get chucked off though, oxshott is great, but too sandy for my liking it kills the cars & is a total pita to clean them after a barn there, I'm off to perham tomorrow as its secluded & a great spot to give the 5th scale a clear out!

Well as the baja is still in peices i wont be out for a while, when i am ill give you a shout!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I've ordered the km cage and the bits you mention bumper ect I was in the process of making a steel cage but we've just had our first child so spending hours on end in the man cave is not possible ill finish the steel cage at a later date

Good find thanks for posting

Yeah I've ordered the km cage and the bits you mention bumper ect I was in the process of making a steel cage but we've just had our first child so spending hours on end in the man cave is not possible ill finish the steel cage at a later date

Good find thanks for posting

Ahh thats a bummer. Congrats though [emoji64]

Im just in the process of making some lexan panels so when theyre done ill post on here and give dimension if anyone wants them.

• Like 1

Getting there with the cage as im waiting on parts to finish the baja.

Made from 1mm this lexan sheets and wrapped in vinyl.

Hopefully going to get the sided and rear done tonight and also fit some lights to the top.

Looking awesome mate!!!

• Like 1

Done this for the top. Made from scratch with nylon tube and a couple of pencils! All screwed together with 4 lights from a front bumper set. Theres also a bit of rubber screwed to the top so if it rolls over it bounces instead of snapes (Hopefully!)

ee7f6efa0d5b5547f8f533d10689c0e5.jpg

ff742e2364d0d0b38fc216a1cad65543.jpg

Also got a rear wing done aswell.

d5f68b35636e6c3363c4670718fb17eb.jpg

• Like 2

One side on

a5744f480d04d477f86cef08d3ebc203.jpg

c19d433ff53566ad519c3bf0d217413f.jpg

Also fitted the hostile beadlocks. Seem fine, as i heard they are prone to cracking.

010989a5e5cc807633e4b5d744169d16.jpg

Also ordered an integrated gear plate, basically king motor version of turtle racings one. Looks no different [emoji18]

Edited by HairyGranola
  • Like 1

One side ona5744f480d04d477f86cef08d3ebc203.jpgc19d433ff53566ad519c3bf0d217413f.jpg

Also fitted the hostile beadlocks. Seem fine, as i heard they are prone to cracking. 010989a5e5cc807633e4b5d744169d16.jpg

Also ordered an integrated gear plate, basically king motor version of turtle racings one. Looks no different [emoji18]

• Like 1