• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

Trying to keep a baja in a straight line for me is all part of the bashing fun, i found the losi to be a super tough truck but defo a racer not a basher, love the look and size and ease maintenence of the losi, but the baja imo beats the losi in terms of grin factor every time.

Edited by the watchman
  • Like 1

Hi Guys

This is the fat guy who stands on roll cages to see the strength.

We have not gave a price on the X2 because we don't know all the costs until we have it in the shop, If we knew cost beforehand don't you think we would tell everyone giving you guys time to get the money together that way we could have them going out the door as soon as they come in, As soon as it lands (we are told thursday) we can work out the price and get it on the site but

• Like 2

You guys see the FB vid MS posted of the Losi jumping a semi trailer?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=290838857782219&fref=nf

Seems to be a fb video so no youtube link (although it's prob on there).  

Dont think thats the losi as on his facebook he has the car sat next to KM's new transmitter!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=293548930844545&set=a.289183381281100.1073741828.100005683217319&type=1

Edited by jjdsplace
  • Like 1

I don't understand how an outlet importing a product (bought at a set price) with known import costs is unable to price said item before receiving it?

see what other places are selling there's for and see how much mark up they can get :D

I dont think anywhere else in the uk will be selling them, as far as i know there is only rcmodelz sells km.

In my buisness the first thing i look at is the mark up price to see if its viable to sell, buying any product in and not knowing what you can sell it for imo is a big no no, if its to expensive it will not sell, its as simple as that really, what ever that product is.

In the case of this km x2 i honestly think anything over 600 and its to close to a losi price wise, the losi is superb quality and everyone knows this, dont get me wrong km's are very good for money but there not losi quality.

Take the hpi baja v km baja, a hpi is the thick end of 700 so pricing a km at 350 its half the price, thats why its sold in big quantaties, a losi 5ive can be had for 900, so going off the baja theory the km x2 needs to be under 500 imo to make it sell as well as the baja, kinda a half price theory if you like, if you get what im saying, if a copy is 3/4 the price of a genuine losi at just under 700 i for one would sooner add a extra 200 and buy a losi, but at half price or under makes it a much more tempting prospect.

• Like 2

At that price they should sell out on day one

Isn't that what you want ?? To sell like hot cakes ;) price them right and im sure they will sell.

With regards to shiping, you have been importing baja's now for some time, surely you can do the math as to what the weight=cost is??

Isn't that what you want ?? To sell like hot cakes ;) price them right and im sure they will sell.

With regards to shiping, you have been importing baja's now for some time, surely you can do the math as to what the weight=cost is??

We know close but when we know exactly how much we can get the price as fair as possible.

Well let's make this simple then. Give us your estimated cost based on what your markup is + the purchase cost of them + a rough estimate of shipping based on what you have purchased off the suppliers in the past.

Considering all you do really is sell KM stuff, surely you should know roughly the cost price of delivery? The car's are similar size and I am sure the quantity you have purchased isn't too drastic to what you done with the baja's in the past.

Edited by Feedtheinferno

Well let's make this simple then. Give us your estimated cost based on what your markup is + the purchase cost of them + a rough estimate of shipping based on what you have purchased off the suppliers in the past.

Considering all you do really is sell KM stuff, surely you should know roughly the cost price of delivery? The car's are similar size and I am sure the quantity you have purchased isn't too drastic to what you done with the baja's in the past.

Patience is a grand thing we don't do estimations so the countdown will continue .........

• Like 1

Patience is a grand thing we don't do estimations so the countdown will continue .........

Thank you for the snark response. I was thinking of buying one from you if the price was reasonable, however now even if it was. I won't. Brilliant customer relations.

Sorry there is no snark intended, Im sorry if it came over as such.

One question I do have, do you guys plan on having different levels of modification like you do the baja range? Or for now is it just going to be one price point all at a certain spec?