• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what tool brand?

Alex97

what tool brand?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. what tool brand would you pick???

• eds
    • hpi
    • arrowmax
    • or other (comment below)

I got frowned at ,, at the indoor track for having a simple 4pce arrowmax 'power tool' set.

I use em with my ratchet like screw driver and serves me very well, cost 11 euro from rcmart :)

pozer at track has full hudy set, hudy setup blah blah well over 350 euro,. I took pleasure in overtaking him :lol:

• Like 1

Hudy tools are great - but they don't make you drive faster. Set-up stations are useful IF you understand how to setup your car - if you don't they are pointless.

I've got a mix of Hudy and EDS. I reckon the Hudy tips are better, but I prefer the EDS handles. My most heavily used tool is now a Hudy tip on an EDS handle = perfect.

• Like 1

Probably get slated but I am currently using Turnigy driver with hardened tips....work perfectly for me up to press and I am a prolific stripper and cleaner so always fiddling with the cars, they are so cheap that I bought 3 different sets and if something breaks I can just replace it for pennies.

Get a new hex key if rounded for nothing you can not go wrong you brake it they give you a new one

It's the stripped scews that anoy us most. 

I agree hudy tips are better but not at price point,.

Edited by Deafty

I use Turnigy, Arrowmax, Dynamite.

My favourite and best value for money have been the Turnigy ones.

Almost rounded the Arrowmax just form building my 8x8 kit and SCX10 kit.

The Dynamite have quite long ends so when they round you can cut them down, I've had to cut one, but the rest are still good.

Turnigy ones can't fault them, none have rounded, none have broken, cheap to buy, look rather nice.

Get over the fact they're from Turnigy and they're a winner IMO.

Turnigy for me too, these ones, perfect fit in screws, never rounded out a screw yet with these.

I have Snap-on, Facom, Beta tools etc as i'm a mechanic by trade, but these were so cheap that i had to try them.

They have lasted very well, i'm always stripping my RC cars down and these have seen plenty of abuse including using a 17mm spanner on them to undo loctited screws (seam to be designed for this), even the 1.5mm has stood up to this when getting grub screws out, but its usually the 3mm i do this with when removing engines.

The hollow handles are also useful for storing screws and glow plugs in if you take them out while bashing (The top pops off them)

Hudy or RDRP, don't mess about with rubbish tools. If you quit racing they will still be worth money. All my Hudy tools were second hand from racers quitting got them for under half price. Failing that EDS are just about acceptable

There are good and bad turnigy ones, the ones i linked to are the good ones, the others they sell are crap (black handles and also bronze coloured tip ones, especially the 6-in-1 tools). If you had the same as mine and rounded them out then you must of had a bad set, mine are used daily and all hexes are still perfect after over 12 months use. A friend also has a set and his are still as new like mine are.

There are good and bad turnigy ones, the ones i linked to are the good ones, the others they sell are crap (black handles and also bronze coloured tip ones, especially the 6-in-1 tools). If you had the same as mine and rounded them out then you must of had a bad set, mine are used daily and all hexes are still perfect after over 12 months use. A friend also has a set and his are still as new like mine are.

Yep I agree with Gavin.

The ones he has linked to are great drivers, I built my ST pro up and have stripped and rebuilt all my ST, my E Maxx and my Losi 8ight countless times with no problems so far....if your rounding them after first use then your doing something wrong.