• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Slash Pro 2 OBA 2WD SC truck

-BEZ-

Maybe Traxxas took inspiration from the automotive industry (BMW and Porsche)? Didn't BMW introduce artificial sound or "Active Sound" on the M5?   :-)

Not my cup of tea but can see it will appeal to many.

I can see this if you have an RC tank, with the really nice scale looks, metal tracks, working cannon, smoke generator - all the bells and whistles. The sound generators work really nicely.

But on a SCT I think it's a bit pants.

• Like 1

I/C engines have no bass either ;)

Traxxas love gimmicks, yanks love gimmicks, ergo muchos dollar in bank, accountants happy, board happy, email to R&D announcing bonus and welcoming creation of the next gimmick....ad infinitum ;)

Amen to that. Remember when the E-revo got 'upgraded' to the TQi controller that plugs into an iphone. They jacked the RRP up to near 700 quid for an e-revo when they came out.

Got some ideas for  additional tasteful Traxxas SCT hopups

-Bed mounted subwoofer running off a huge cap bank, with authentic Pioneer branding

-Underbody neons

-Furry dice FPV camera that sends pictures to your iphone

-Leopard print lexan overtray to keep your electrics clean

Could be a Unit that is affixed the the bodyshell,  and uses the entire bodyshell as the speaker diaphram.    Like those speaker Devices that make little to no sound untill you push them onto a window or table,  and use the surface they are attached to and generate great sound.

Thats how I'd do it.     Is that how Traxxass have done it?

• 3 months later...