• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

Took it up my fave bashing spot this morning...  epic !  Managed to put a small crack in the bodyshell, but it did do a few jumps.  The rear diff definitely isn't locking, will have a proper look this afternoon and see what the issue is. 

20160622_092334.jpg

20160622_095311.jpg

20160622_095347.jpg

20160622_095353.jpg

20160622_111236.jpg

yeah :-(  Had a problem with the catch on one of the battery trays not closing too...  got too much grit in it.  Great fun though... until it broke, and I had to carry it back to the car.  Totally my fault though....  hit a small tree stump. 

Not quite sure what your trying to film ? The servo seems to have enough throw and it's the outdrive shafts that should lock not the input shaft that your turning . 

It is quite hard to see though and it is moving around 

Maybe the servo end points aren't quite set right so it dosent have enough throw ? Can these be adjusted ? 

This was one of my worriers about the locking method from the start 

No doubt Arrma will sort it out :) 

The diff isn't always locking, the front and middle ones are fine... it's the rear one that is intermittent.  You can hear in the video the noise the servo is making, the other too don't do this.  When I removed the servo (2.50) it appear to work fine.  The pins did feel a little stiff to move in and out, I did check for something fouling it but couldn't find anything.  Popped a little grease on it, but it didn't help.  I couldn't see any way of adjusting it no.

Yes I had the same worry !!  Wondering why I bothered with this version now.....  saying that, when it worked it was fun doing some climbing with it.  Also I found the car ran a little nicer in the woods with the centre diff locked. 

Hoping to hear back from Arrma soon.

Possibly just a bad servo then ?  Have you tried one of the other servos? I wonder if you can find another to fit ? Maybe pop into your local shop ? 

Just teething troubles by the sounds of it bad servos happen even from the likes of savox 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2016 at 17:19, Grimsnot said:

The diff isn't always locking, the front and middle ones are fine... it's the rear one that is intermittent.  You can hear in the video the noise the servo is making, the other too don't do this.  When I removed the servo (2.50) it appear to work fine.  The pins did feel a little stiff to move in and out, I did check for something fouling it but couldn't find anything.  Popped a little grease on it, but it didn't help.  I couldn't see any way of adjusting it no.

Yes I had the same worry !!  Wondering why I bothered with this version now.....  saying that, when it worked it was fun doing some climbing with it.  Also I found the car ran a little nicer in the woods with the centre diff locked. 

Hoping to hear back from Arrma soon.

I'm wondering if the servo mechanism is centered / fitted correctly if it has never worked right. Seems to me it has too much throw pushing out (noisy) But not enough throw pushing in resulting in pins not being pushed all the way and latched (not so noisy).

Might be worth fiddling with it as the servo looks ok.

• 1 year later...