• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what led lights are the best

maxlad14

ive been looking for some led lights and i need

12 leds

4 red

4 orange(for indicaters)

4 white or white and blue

most of the ones i see are the gt power kit but they only come with 2 orange unfortunately

if you know of any good kits up to

you sure they only have 2 orange led as opposed to 2 pairs of orange led.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19817__Hobbyking_Scale_Car_LED_Light_system.html

for example says 2 orange led but when you look of the vid with the led on a piece of paper there are clearly 2 pairs.

ok lets work this out. 

the indictators, as your needing four and these are usually less intense than

mainbeam lighting i would go with 4x soft orange 3mm led.

mainbeams, here cars come with a highbeam and lowbeam, (5mm high - 3mm low )

rear visual lighting, here again there are two sets, visual aid and brake beam, you could use 

red led and go 5mm brake and 3mm visual. a single 5mm red for rear fog light visual. 

reversing lights i would go with low output soft white 3mm.

MAPLINS has a very nice stock of electrical hardware, from wire all the way to flyback transformers.

so your in good hands.

tools you require are heatshrink - wire - lights - solder - diodes - solder iron 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

MGR how long did it take to arrive only because some kits take a month almost and it doesn't say for some odd reason?

About a week as I recall. Comes with everything you need inc Y leads to tap into motor and steering channels. When car is stationary you have "daytime running lights" and all indicators flashing. On throttle, the headlights come on. Brake lights when you, errr, brake and relevant indicators on turn. Leds are a mix of 3 and 5mm with suitable Led holder cups that clip into the shell.

I was sceptical about it when ordering but very surprised at the completeness of the kit for the price.