• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Good Battery Connector.

wade7575

I just wanted to share these with you guys,I started using these because a friend was placing an order to HobbyKing and I seen them when he was making up his order and said can you throw a bag of those in your order for me to and I like them so much after I got my first bag I got another 7 to do me for along time plus at $5.75 Canadian you can't wrong.

The reason I figured I would try them is because I don't have a LHS and it always cost's so much money in Canada for some of the small stuff like EC-3's 4.99 to 5.99 for one female and male plug plus shipping that's 10 bucks of more for me.

So I get the connectors and started using them on everything like a boat a had that was 4S and another that was 6S that I ran Wide open throttle and the packs were still warm but the new plug's never got warm and worked great the motors in the boat's I had to were very power hungry and set up to run 65 and 95 MPH.

You'll find these plug's to be of good quality and not like other stuff from China the bullet's themselves do not loosen up over time and they are 6mm and the plastic housing's fit really well to and the gold plating does not wear off fast at all mine still look new in that respect.

The other great thing about these is that I always had the worst luck when I would need a plug and know I only had one left of course I would need a male and have a female plug,I don't have that problem anymore because they are unisex so now I don't have to place an order with a Hobby Shop in Canada just to get a pack of Connectors.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20353__HXT_6mm_Gold_Connector_w_Protector_10pcs_set_.html?strSearch=hxt 6

Edited by wade7575

The link is fixed now and these ones are 6mm not 4mm they will handle a lot of power going threw them even the most demanding 1/8th scale set up is going to have a hard time trying to max these out.

You can also use this product number in their search 258000002

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20353__HXT_6mm_Gold_Connector_w_Protector_10pcs_set_.html?strSearch=hxt

Edited by wade7575

I don't think most people will pull 120 Amp's constant if anyone for that matter have never sat down and done the math.

If you guys want to read a really good thread read both link's the first one is about a battery load comparison test done by a really good guy who does not BS people or have any favorite brands just the numbers is all he goes by.

He has a really nice test rig he made himself where he pulls major amps threw it and test's only 6S Lipo's for his jet's,the guy who started the thread told me at a true 40C load held for to long the plastic on the connector's start to melt and the solder start's to melt.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=0c7289a09f88648d2459690f41f3dd7e&t=1767093

This next thread is from user's on the same forum but in this thread they are trying to keep it smaller by having a result's thread and a discussion thread,what they are doing is using their charger's if they have a IR tester built in and also a device by Wayne Giles from the UK I think that can also test the Internal Resistance of your pack.They try to keep track of how many charge's they have on their pack as well and then test it to see if the Internal Resistance has gone up and by how much,the low the IR the better the pack and the better the life you'll get out of it if properly cared for.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578001

Rated to 'around 120a', certainly useful for certain applications.

Well, maths isn't my strong point, granted, but I can confirm that 5.5mm bullets are excellent, and that 8mm castle bullets have been taking 7 and 8s through a 240a ESC for two years without issue :)

Castle bullets FTW, and anyone who cannot pull them apart should give up and take up knitting ;)

• Like 1

I just wanted to share these with you guys,I started using these because a friend was placing an order to HobbyKing and I seen them when he was making up his order and said can you throw a bag of those in your order for me to and I like them so much after I got my first bag I got another 7 to do me for along time plus at $5.75 Canadian you can't wrong.

The reason I figured I would try them is because I don't have a LHS and it always cost's so much money in Canada for some of the small stuff like EC-3's 4.99 to 5.99 for one female and male plug plus shipping that's 10 bucks of more for me.

So I get the connectors and started using them on everything like a boat a had that was 4S and another that was 6S that I ran Wide open throttle and the packs were still warm but the new plug's never got warm and worked great the motors in the boat's I had to were very power hungry and set up to run 65 and 95 MPH.

You'll find these plug's to be of good quality and not like other stuff from China the bullet's themselves do not loosen up over time and they are 6mm and the plastic housing's fit really well to and the gold plating does not wear off fast at all mine still look new in that respect.

The other great thing about these is that I always had the worst luck when I would need a plug and know I only had one left of course I would need a male and have a female plug,I don't have that problem anymore because they are unisex so now I don't have to place an order with a Hobby Shop in Canada just to get a pack of Connectors.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20353__HXT_6mm_Gold_Connector_w_Protector_10pcs_set_.html?strSearch=hxt 6

Why does this read like a press release? Is this a press release? Do you work for hobbyking marketing?

Well, maybe more infomercial than press release but you get my point.

Edited by oodboo
  • Like 1

One thing with me is I always like to share new stuff I have found and new ways of doing thing's that make thing's easier.

I have been into the hobby for 20 year's and I'm still learning,just like getting back into it after being out for 4 year's and I finding out SMC Dinogy Lipo's just to name a few say set your LVC so it cut's off at 3.6 volt's per-cell to get max life out of your lipo's.

Edited by wade7575