• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo 2.5R Roller - any revo owners share some thoughts?

capri-boy

Ok....

There's a revo 2.5r roller avail just round the corner from me, wondered what people thought re converting this to B/L and issues to look out for when checking the chassis over.  I've never even seen a revo having been a staunch savvy fan for a long time.

I've a nice 1:8 BL combo ready for the right truck - it was going to go in my last savvy chassis, but as it's a .21 the cost of upgrading everything to cope isn't worth it.

Thanks

the problem with the revo as a rolling chassis is the 2 speed automatic gearbox with reverse. you would want forward only conversion and lock it into second gear. The rest of the drive train is fine as its the same strength as the erevo brushless. Might want to consider getting the revo roller and then getting erevo chassis and gearbox/motor mount. the front and rear bulkheads and arms,wheels etc should just bolt on.

The brushless diffs are better than nitro but still not strong enough for 6s lol.

The only way I would attempt a bl revo is with an erevo chassis and erevo gearbox to use with it.

I think that would be possible since the front and rear ends are identical on them.

The problems I've read on nitro chassis revoE is the lipo hangs slightly over the edge making it vunrable and totally messes up weight distribution.

Every single revo conversion I've followed on here was sold almost straight after finishing. So I wouldn't do it.

Unless the erevo chassis and gearbox can be used.

The nitro gearbox can be used as above foc and lock 2nd gear but a brushless gearbox would be the best way.

I wouldn't bother with it tbh.

The revo is an ace rc tho best I've had no doubt just keep it nitro and run it cheap I've had an erevo too and wasn't nearly as good to bash.

Nitro is just noisey but it makes the power for cheap that brushless set ups make at 3x the price.

I had a nitro savage too i sold it pretty quick I've had tons none lasted over 4 months but I've had the revo over 2yrs.

Also had a revo 2.5r and that was a little animal wheelies down hill , endos or front flips just from touching the brakes. Drove on 2 wheels fairly easy and drove up trees and flipped off much better than the 3.3

The 3.3 isn't as crazy as the 2.5r it's more stable but with a better engine than the 3.3 it's as lively as the 2.5r is but with more top speed.

If I see another 2.5 for the price I got the black one for ill snatch it but it's unlikely at

Revos are just like all the other Traxxas rubbish, overpriced plastic crap which need to be modded to the full, and they are still rubbish. My mates have traxxas and they always break during a bash session. Stick with your savage.