• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Please read scammers about

Peakey29

Hi

It seems there's someone ripping people off over on oople in the last couple of weeks so it's just a heads up so you can keep an eye out. He's using different usernames but it's looking like the same guy.

First thread:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156279

Second thread:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874998#post874998

Don't let this ****er get away with anyone else's hard earned.

Edited by Peakey29

There's some people on the forum that you can take a gamble on without 'knowing' them. I say gamble, the odds are as close to 100% as you're gonna get without doing COC.

It's quite a clever scam tbh, send small amount as gift to secure sending. It's above what I would risk anyway but I'd wonder why he was willing to send over

It's not worth it ever with gift unless donating or something. But buying should always be goods no matter who tbh.

I get quite afew people gift me and tell them it's risky getting into the habit but ide always honour my word regardless but that could make someone feel comfortable trusting others. Just pay the 4% or negotiate the fees out.

Edited by RCbutcher

When's he coming over to live with you Jony?  :whistling:

When you play poker, sending small amounts just feeds the gambling addiction imho  :yes: I have 3 levels of trust on forums, new user, fees fo sho, decent forum history

Edited by Smoothybb
  • Like 1

Never have understood why the site rules are that all For Sale threads must have pictures or be deleted, Yet there is just an advisory to not use Pay-Pal gift, Why can,t site rules be that only Pay-Pay goods can be used, And 4% be added to the price.

While I'd never disagree with you advising fees for everything, I don't see why I shouldn't have the choice. Should I have to pay fees if buying a roller off Nitroholic or for the bits I've bought off Noj? It basically comes down to my opinion that we're removing all requirement for common sense out of the world. Sometimes people have to take responsibility for their own actions.

PayPal fees in my eyes are to reassure the buyer and protect the buyer therefore the buyer should pay extra on top of the listing price. As I have no plans to rip people off or scam them I don't care how the buyer pays as long as I get the agreed price I'm happy. If there is an issue I would like to think that it could be worked out so both party's are happy.

That's just what I think anyway.

I know it's a PITA as a buyer when something is fees/posted on top but if I list anything on forums, it's the price I want to keep after everything else. Although I'm normally open to negotiation. Like you say though alex, it's buyer protection for stuff on forums. Same as our local chippy charges a card fee if you want to go that route.

Edited by Smoothybb

He was never gunna send it in the first place even if you sent the full amount, now he knows you are not gunna gift the full amount if he can still get you to gift a 'deposit' its still penies in his pocket! false security and most people will fall for it!

Some would fall for it. I'd be suspicious that he was so trusting and it's over my regular forum user limit anyway. I know he wasn't going to send anything but I'd be asking questions because he seemed too trusting.

It's a bit shortsighted, you'd be better off just taking the whole lot in fees, trying to sell it a couple of times then emptying the account and disconnecting all payment methods - the old way. I presume the load price is based on most people not being bothered enough to do anything about it. It; doesn't quite fit into the too good to be true category and hey, he was honest enough to send your payment back in the first place...... :whistling:

Iv always had a rule where distance buying and paypal is concerned, if its something i REALLY want and the seller wants a gift, ill pay the fees, if they are still not interested then ill keep my pennies!! simple as :nono:

and him sending tha payment back was not honesty, its was his play in gaining trust. he knows that that money could have been returned under a dispute. However if you think he is good enough to send it back then you are more likley to send the 'gift' deposit because you now 'trust' him due to his honesty

Edited by Renllek

and him sending tha payment back was not honesty, its was his play in gaining trust. he knows that that money could have been returned under a dispute. However if you think he is good enough to send it back then you are more likley to send the 'gift' deposit because you now 'trust' him due to his honesty

I know the guys not honest, he wouldn't be the subject of a scammer thread if he was! If you read up a bit you'll see I fully understand how this scam worked, I don't think he's some sort of misunderstood good guy.  :thumbsup:

Never have understood why the site rules are that all For Sale threads must have pictures or be deleted, Yet there is just an advisory to not use Pay-Pal gift, Why can,t site rules be that only Pay-Pay goods can be used, And 4% be added to the price.

Because no matter what the rules say some members/people just cant hand there hard earned cash over fast enough if they think there getting

the bargain of the week.

I still find it hard to believe that anyone would send what is in effect CASH to someone they dont know, haven't met and not seen what there getting.

The old saying "If it seems to good to be true, it normally is" seems to fit well. Or "A fool and his money are soon parted"

• Like 1

Because no matter what the rules say some members/people just cant hand there hard earned cash over fast enough if they think there getting

the bargain of the week.

I still find it hard to believe that anyone would send what is in effect CASH to someone they dont know, haven't met and not seen what there getting.

The old saying "If it seems to good to be true, it normally is" seems to fit well. Or "A fool and his money are soon parted"

EXACTLY!

Peoples greed usually gets in the way and they throw common sense out of the window. 

Never had a problem with any purchases on here using mix of gift and fees. Just because some people have an inbuilt distrust and no ability to make an informed decision, doesn't mean we all do. :thumbsup:  

How is sending

Edited by Smoothybb

No one said sending money to someone you know via gift is foolish so read what i wrote again.

I'm always happy to pay the fee's if people don't want to gift, I pay very little with gifting (unless I know them)

I've had loads send me money (probably over 100 transactions just on here) where people gift the money, but to rip off another member from a group/forum like this where people help others is stooping to an ultimate low imo and people like that just need permanent bans