• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

feel my wraith! beware 56k users - pic heavy

yeah mr postie been and deliver me some parts.

20140918_200303_zpslqcozktj.jpg

wraith inner arches. as i've seen some great wraiths but they always seem to be full of crap and crud so in my bored times got a thinking. to minimise the collection of muck to fit some. plus you dont see many rigs with them.

heres a promo shot from rc4wd. i;ve trimmed mine a tad more so they will near enough fit inside the cage.

RC4Z-B0042-9_zps5cbc5806.jpg

Z-B0042-7_zps8bb679e8.jpg

a big cheers to martin at rcbitz, i order then yesterday and they arrive today, top service as ever.

• Like 1

Been a quiet couple of days waiting for parts for the wraith. so decided to tackle the rear of the cage, never really like the cage so was glad it was chopped by previous owner, decided to add some struts to strengthen and make it look better. well i think so anyway.

i used some of the spare rod ends and some thread bar, cut to length and unscrewed the cage and screwed back together. it need a lick of paint but it does the job at the minute.

20140919_175914_zpsdtcggxuo.jpg

20140919_175953_zpscjhkb2zo.jpg

When i got the wraith it had some alloy shocks on and they did seem ok but the springs were very hard. As i was planning to reuse i have ordered some softer springs for them, fingers crossed they will arrive soon. but whilst waiting i have stripped and cleaned then shocks. When stripping these parts i had a brain wave...yeah it does happen....rare but it happens lol

I whipped out the missus (sssshhh dont tell her) ultra sonic jewellery cleaner. well if it works for watches and precious metals it should be fine for rc parts right?

20140921_155142_zpskkpcl2en.jpg

no in my infinite wisdom i was looking for some kind of detergent or cleaning fluid to add to the warm water.

haha......

20140921_185423_zpsaosrxczi.jpg

should do the trick. or so i thought.

heres the shocks as i was stripping them.

20140921_155151_zpsonqampkp.jpg

these parts came out really nice and shiny.

20140921_165244_zpswoniawal.jpg

where as these parts seems to have dissolved there colour off......ooops. at least there clean lol

20140921_184333_zpszcc8xvgv.jpg

as per the pic used the massive vat of axial 30 wt shock oil. might have to change but for now. they are nice and smooth and shiny silver lol.

• Like 1

been a busy old RC weekend here. 3 parcels on saturday, and royal mail ransom note.......scumbag import tax. a quick trip to the post office and some more goodies for the wraith

20140925_123634_zpsv4gxcg1r.jpg

hmmm nice deepdish beadlocks. and some super soft springs as the wraith is so damn high lol 

20140925_123652_zpsownnyj06.jpg

and a new body set as she (the wraith) is looking a tad naked.

Edited by heavyleftthumb

a few hours to myself today.

got the wheels and tyres all fitted up. nice and easy to fit. currently not weighted but i will see if i need to weight them up.

looking good.....

20140929_210416_zpslabvjs5r.jpg

a nice deep offset too. so the stance is nice and wide. about a 1cm wider i think then the standard wheels it had on.

20140929_210424_zpsxfatpa3c.jpg

20140929_210434_zpspxcu2yey.jpg

and a upto date shot of what it looks like currently.

20140929_210348_zpsmnotzr1e.jpg

progress is slow as waiting for parts. screws and such like. but im sure it will be worth.

Edited by heavyleftthumb

been a busy bee. body panels all cut out. damn how thick is the lexan. im used to touring cars which is thin thin compare to these, score and snap is a struggle lol but all done and then i had an idea for some designs.

20140929_215030_zpsq03ykrwo.jpg

was thinking a two tone scheme white front and then black back red poison spyder logo int he middle. similar to the pic below

suicidesally_sm_zps567982a5.jpg

started by lying out some decals so i can see where to paint to.

20140929_215030_zpsq03ykrwo.jpg

and then piff paff puff. tadar came out looking like this.

20140930_213919_zpsw2ddhtkw.jpg

• Like 1

Looking sweet there mate!

Think I'll have to get some inner arches for mine though, they look perfect!

I might not post but I am following.......

cheers pal , they are a nice change and it might save the inside of the wraith collection so much crud and crap. plus i was intriuged as havent seen one with them before.

glad to see some ones watching lol was thinking i had somehow closed the post to other people lol

• 2 weeks later...

sounds good mate, we need a wraith test run soon if your up for it??

the 90 is stripped down too, axles and gearbox are done just chassis and shell to sort then should be good to put back together  :yes:

sounds good pal. maybe organise a black rocks? or padley gorge outing? my landy needs some TLC since the nationals it took quite beating. when checking her over the list so far:

new servo horn -  bent

new steering ling - bent

both rear lower links - bent.

front bumper - broke off

rear bumper - bent.

i am getting idea i got carried away and tried to ram everything out of the way lol. was great fun and enjoyed it a lot. :whistling::thumbsup::harhar:

• Like 1

give us a shout if you want a hd front bumper mate, ill do you a steel one that will bolt onto your chassis rails  :thumbsup:

i need to re do my links and make them a little more hefty too, last 10 gates were with a broken link  :xd:  :xd:

i enjoyed it too, mainly the catch up with some of the guys we dont get to see too often....

let me know when your free for a black rocks meet mate, not been in a fair old while.....

• 1 month later...