• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BJK's KM002C

Bigjimknickers

I'm also learning a lot from reading this thread too :)

As I'm working my way along the Baja I'll eventually come to the engine and my plan is to completely strip it and that includes the carb too.

So reading this is a "must" for me :)

if its a clone carb it may expalin why its not working, it quite common to be a flawed design and won't allow the engine to run.

how ever with what you described and have done so far i still think it either the carb diaphragm or the piston ring

if its a clone carb it may expalin why its not working, it quite common to be a flawed design and won't allow the engine to run.

how ever with what you described and have done so far i still think it either the carb diaphragm or the piston ring

I have both, a possible clone 668 on the old KM lump, & a genuine 668 currently on the car with the CY f270 engine, I took it out first thing this morning & again it ran superbly, much better than yesterday & I havnt touched the carb yet either!

I noticed something, after say 20 mins I when the bogging starts so, I went back to fill the tank & ran it again, guess what? No bogging.

The spongey bit on the end of the fuel line is the clunk buddy.

If it's not dunked into the petrol enough, it will be starving of fuel after the fuels run low and be giving you some bad running.

Check how far it's pushed into the fuel tank, if it's hanging there, that could be it, if it's laying down on the bottom of the tank, that's where you want it to be.

The difference in time before it started bogging, could be simply due to different amounts of fuel you put in.

• Like 1

open the fuel tank, look into the hole.

you are looking for one of the sliver/white blocks on the end of this fuel line set:

87470_01.jpg

if its up at the front of the tank, theres your problem, it should be laying on its side, close to the engine/rear of the tank/car

Edited by Thunderwolf
  • Like 1

interesting

this may sound odd but when you push the primer bulb, do bubble comes from the clunk?

Nope, just stripped carb too, clean as a whistle..

I'm wondering, how far into the fuel does this black bottom feed have to go? It seems like my problems start once the fuel drops below the black one?

black bottom feed?

The black return on the bottom of the carb.

I've now cleaned it a little, & pushed the black pipe into the tank further, let's hope & see!

On another note, I've broken my first part on it!

Little front plastic upright part, a bit like where a shock tower goes, anyone reccomend an upgraded part?

Sorry you did say front lol, my bad! Don't know why I thought rear.

The only upgrade I think that's out there would be the Golden Horizon ones, but they're like hens teeth so maybe just replace with a HPI part?

If it's the same part that broke for me, I left mine and it was fine, I only changed them when the other side broke if memory serves.

The black return on the bottom of the carb.

I've now cleaned it a little, & pushed the black pipe into the tank further, let's hope & see!

On another note, I've broken my first part on it!

Little front plastic upright part, a bit like where a shock tower goes, anyone reccomend an upgraded part?

just so we are clear on this, the black fuel line goes half way into the tank, the clunk is on the yellow fuel line, the yellow fuel line is connected to the top nipple of the cabr, next to the primer bulb and the black one is on the bottom nipple under the carb

thats what it sounds liek, am i correct in thinking this?

Yea, I can't find any rpm parts, only KM alloy ones, which dont sound good!

Like you say, original hpi part looks the best, I'm impressed, first breakage & it's not been a shelfer, it gets used pretty hard.

rpm don't do one and the best upgrade i've found is to use the GH Racing ones, bad news is their baja line has been discontinued so good luck finding any.

your only option right now is to buy the stock part or get the km or integy alloy versions.

Yes mate, exactly that.

Don't tell me I've mixed them up? Lol.

:rofl:

yes mate you got them the wrong way, flip the 2 lines over and she should run perfectly, when you get a moment tohugh i personally run the black line to the bottom of the carb, connected to the clunk and them the yellow line from the top and into the tank, the return line (yellow one) only needs to go in about an inch but as its semi clear you can tell when you have fully primed the carb ready for starting.

• Like 1