• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MAN, this should be fun. (OHO'S Cross RC 8x8x4)

(looking well chicken legs) never heard of that one before you learn something everyday :lol:

If you seen his legs you would know lol, casper has more colour on his legs than him  :tease:

Looking the part now that ya have finally pulled the finger out and done some, loving the lights on it mate looks very smart  :thumbsup:

Edited by belfastboy

looks great :good:

Thanks, I think so too lol.

Would love to hear more feedback from the seasoned scaler guys though, as it's my first one and quite a beast for a first timer lol.

If you seen his legs you would know lol, casper has more colour on his legs than him  :tease:

Looking the part now that ya have finally pulled the finger out and done some, loving the lights on it mate looks very smart  :thumbsup:

Sod off :tease:

And cheers :lol:

I'm a rather happy bunny today.

Finally finished the cab for now, I do plan on some little bits and bobs but for the most part, that's finished.

I've also made some very good progress last night and today on the bed, so that's almost complete for the moment too.

Also got all the electrics put in, only a temporary measure as you can see, just wanted it moving under it's own steam, don't think I've ever had such a big grin on my face for a maiden voyage as this one, even just 10 minutes in the garden was VERY rewarding indeed.

I can now totally understand why you scaler guys spend so much time and money on your rigs, in the right conditions they can look fantastic.

It's not over yet, but it's getting there, and I'm already extremely happy with how this rig has come out so far.

IMG_4091_zpshwajbuw2.jpg

IMG_4092_zps8fmyznud.jpg

IMG_4093_zps3ou559ha.jpg

IMG_4095_zpsaa9fxmvd.jpg

IMG_4097_zpsoy4esdoq.jpg

IMG_4100_zpskm5xpwcq.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

Nicely done!

The scalers are great, I always get interested people and kids when driving them around. Far more than the fast models.

Yeah even just out on the street for 10 minutes with it before for some beauty shots, I had practically everyone looking from their cars going past and also people walking where looking and smiling lol.

I guess it's also the scale of it, people are more used to my quiet ones being 1:14 and 1:10 scale so although strictly speaking this is 1:12 it's still quite the size.

It's just such a shame my SCX10 D90 fits on the back but looks so out of scale lol.

Need a 1/12 Landy :lol:

I've put the bed on it tonight, I've also added some of the little extras under the bed and made a custom box for the ESC, LED board etc.... To live in, now it all actually fits, it didn't before... May make a custom battery box too.
I'm 99% sure I'm going to run this without the sides and the back... I just prefer it somehow, it also leaves scope for more potential things to be on the back and also be actually visible to people without having to look into the bed.
What will go on there? I'm not yet sure.
I may end up just buying a tarp for it and putting some fake 'shapes' under the tarp, you'll never see the items but it should look to scale.
Also potentially thinking about some spotlights on the roof as well and maybe on the bed at the rear (one big one that rotates 360) but I'm still unsure yet, I have an idea in mind that should work, but don't know.
Time will tell... I actually just ordered the new system today as well.
Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster 35T motor and Holmes Hobbies BR-XL ESC, motor may seem a little fast when the current one is a 60T but I want the option of a little bit of wheelspeed, especially if I decide to run on 4s. (which I might have to try just for giggles)
(ignore the wire, the LEDs need to be plugged in again)

that looks awesome :mf_dribble: nice beefy shelf for to sit on it i imagine it's pretty heavy can you imagine going out to come home a see it on the floor in pieces i would kill myself on the spot lol :lol: 

that looks awesome :mf_dribble: nice beefy shelf for to sit on it i imagine it's pretty heavy can you imagine going out to come home a see it on the floor in pieces i would kill myself on the spot lol :lol:

Yeah I'll be sticking another shelf up soon, this one is pretty secure but simply isn't big enough lol.

Last night when I carrier it downstairs and back up, I put the SCX10 on the back and my transmitter too, the weight wasn't far off a stock Baja IMO.

I've not lifted a Baja for quite a while but I'd say this was at least 75% of the weight.

What a shame that can't be made RC!

Well I was planning on taking her to the woods today for a bit of a play but it's majorly overgrown and absolutely covered in dog crap.

So perhaps not, will have to revert to some other plan... I will be taking it out in the very near future though, might go and do a bit of hunting tonight to see if I can't find somewhere decent.

Took her outside for some photos, make sure I'd re-wired the LEDs right and also test out the new battery holder thingy, eventually it'll be made to look the shape of a toolbox, but with a tarp over the top of it.

Also thinking about a strip of 4 decently bright LEDs on the roof.

Also scrubbed some kerbs and the side of the house today as well, so it's starting to get a few chips and marks and things, which I was hoping for.

So overall, I'm still really really happy with this kit.

IMG_4112_zpslwn4sfsz.jpg

IMG_4115_zpsielu7yw6.jpg

IMG_4117_zpswwjcolhw.jpg

IMG_4120_zpszx3sp19f.jpg

IMG_4121_zpsyzj7xide.jpg

IMG_4128_zpssjafdtmn.jpg

• Like 2