• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya CC-01 Owners Club: Photos and Discussions

PraetoR

75mm is ideal. I used the Ansmann shocks as they are quite soft and ideal for a CC-01.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/199143-the-bodgit-scarper-unimog/?hl=bodgit

John

Nice John,

is that winch mounted on to the chassis or the body of the unimog?

I think Ansmann got bust I'll see if theres alternative maker for the shocks

Nice John,

is that winch mounted on to the chassis or the body of the unimog?

I think Ansmann got bust I'll see if theres alternative maker for the shocks

Check out abisma, I think they took over ansmann :thumbsup:

You can still find the Ansmann shocks on eBay

Winch is mounted on the bumper which is bolted to the chassis.

John

These are the Ansmann although they don't call them that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selections-RC-Oil-Filled-Aluminum-Shock-Absorber-Damper-Shocks-55-75-85-95mm-/370638504482?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&var=&hash=item564bc6c222

The Absima shocks are much stiffer than the Ansmann. The Fastrax shocks look just like the Ansmann and wouldn't be surprised if they are the same.

Edited by johninderby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive got hold of a gpm 4 link kit for when my cc01 arrives, and was just looking for the best cheapest way of mounting the shocks with the 4 link kit as i didnt realize they mounted to the plastic links!! any suggestions??

ah right the one i got had them missing o got it cheap where can u get the mounts

These are the parts although you may find them cheaper on eBay.

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/cc030-gpm-cc-01-alloy-rear-damper-mount-set

Just realised I've seen the 4 link kits sold with the mounts as a set but GPM lists the links and mounts separately.

John

Edited by johninderby

Few of my wrangler I've had this for time now but only ever run it twice due to working , just never get any man time lol snorkel was made gluing styrene together & high lift jack is styrene , never liked the arches so dremel soon sorted them out. I done most of this last night / early hrs as you do, Still more to do like touch arch paint up & weather it more & poss cut the rest of the tinted windows out the clear stuff was a donor from the outer packaging of a choc cake hehe . Wheel weights added donor roofing lead cut in 1cm wide strips sorted them out free from a roofing job I did before Xmas . Still unsure about the rad front bumper ? Happy Xmas folks . TQDcjln.jpgHVR6lx7.jpggay0T3X.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Turning up a bit late to the party, but I'm here now.

I've got a "never run" CC-01 Pajero from 1993. Still fitted out with original Tamiya gear. I will get some photos uploaded asap.

Having no intention of upgrading any of it, or in fact using it, it will remain a shelf queen.

• 3 weeks later...

Same as the Absima I belive. Decent quality but a bit on the stiff side. I had the Absimas on the rear of the Unimog before doing the mod, but just too stiff for any real articulation even with thin oil and soft springs. Extra holes in the discs might help or O rings that aren't such a tight fit on the shaft.

However they work brilliantly on my Tamiya GF-01 Toyota PU.

John

Edited by johninderby

• 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps, is there another upgrade steering setup besides the one from Asiatees?

I bought both the linkage and alloy kit, and both are just rubbish - a couple of parts were out of tolerance, and one of the ball joints just snapped off on it's first use; I'm going to put the original stuff back on (because despite the slop at least it works) but would like to do something with it in the future when I'm less angry.

Not sure how I'm going to get the end of the ball joint out. Sigh.

• 1 month later...