• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South West Indoor RC - and the *SATURDAY SUMMER RACE DAYS*

MattyV6

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156191

If you haven't already found anything.

Thanks! Haven't found one yet so will check that one out :)

Is anyone running a gear diff in there current 2wd buggies?

I've given up on the ball diff in my 22 and have gone for the 22sct rtc gear diff and was wondering what sort of weight oil people suggest using on carpet.

My H2 is running a geared diff, although I used a medium viscosity grease (real car bearing grease) instead, as the seals are a bit flimsy. It has plenty of turning without feeling too light, wouldn't change a thing about it..

Is anyone running a gear diff in there current 2wd buggies?

I've given up on the ball diff in my 22 and have gone for the 22sct rtc gear diff and was wondering what sort of weight oil people suggest using on carpet.

The general rule of thumb is ball for wet and geared for dry.
  • Like 1

GIFMob_20140902_125300_085_zpsjk1yxv49.g

Nice capture :thumbsup:  It felt a bit nuts driving a short course indoors :whistling:  :D :D Glad the roof didn't fall down!

Looking forward to this week's racing, I'm only entering modern buggies this week, but should have my RC10 B3 ready for next week :)

Edited by Rtsbasic

• 2 months later...

Link to South West Indoor RC Facebook Page

The club is going really strong, since the start in the summer its had some layout changes to keep things fresh, the current one is massive fun, flows really well with a big wall-ride and nice jumps :)

This week it had its first proper micro heat - with a mixture of Carisma GTB's and a Losi Mini 8. Hopefully that will be a class ran every week, alongside 10th buggies, which are the main class and have the biggest numbers. There's also discussions about starting a short course class once a month..

There's also a mixed Juniors/Vintage class ran every week, so everyone has a chance of winning.

The club is every Thursday, 6:30PM track opens for practice, 7PM racing starts, there's directions & the location on the Facebook page, and the owner (Matt) is on here as well.

There's handout timing transponders (no extra charge), tyres are sold at the track if you don't have any (Supplied by Nimrif RC), and always plenty of people to ask for help/advice

• Like 1

Going really good thanks, Ill post some pictures later of the new layout.

Psstt.... Still sitting 1st overall;) Psstt...

I took the win in the first micro A final.... Therefore I believe I'm winning micro championship? :P:)

If anybody in the area wants to try racing @ South West Indoor RC, but is on the fence about investing in a 10th buggy, I have a "Vintage" buggy setup for the track and ready to race, that you can use as a loan car for the evening  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

As Josh and Rich have already said, its going really well :), considering we only started this a few month ago we have a good turnout each week and some epic racing :). We average anywhere from 12 to 15 drivers a week and we now have a few juniors getting involved each week so its really good to see the younger generation racing!

The track has gone through a few changes recently to get the best flow and i think what we have now is the best so far. We were all only talking a couple of days ago about keeping the thread upto date on the progress so i will tomorrow upload some pictures and this Thursday i will get a new 'walk round' vid of the track so everyone can the layout :)

The classes we run are 10th, Micro (Carisma GTB's / Mini 8 size), Vintage with the novice in this class and also we are soon to have a Short Course class, this last one is more just for the fun side and won't be taken too seriously lol.

We also have a SWIRC Team. There's around 10 of us in it. Its not taken mega seriously but we do all look pretty good in out SWIRC logo t shirts when at track like Torbay, We are also doing the Micro Nationals.

Theres a couple of clubs that are close'ish to us. We go to Redruth School on a Tuesday night (organised by WCRCCC) where we race the Carisma GTB's and Mini 8's and the 10th. We also go to the Torbay Micro club most Friday nights where its purely for the Mirco's. This is also just epic!

There's probably so much ive forgotten to update but i promise i/we will keep this thread upto date with all the progress. Rich has also posted the FB link, its below also :)

Along with all the club branding like the T shirt and Hoodies, we also have SWIRC stickers and pit boards that have been designed by Fresh RC Stickers and Designs :). Links below. Thats '36Racing's' company :)

https://www.facebook.com/FreshRCDecalsAndDesign?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-West-Indoor-RC/262447823948047?ref=hl

If anyone is wanting to come down then give anyone of us a shout. Like what Richard has said (Rtsbasic) we have all the timing system and handout transponders if needed and if you have your own personal we use a MyLaps RC4 system so basically any personal you have with work on the system.

I'm also going to fit a more modern set of sticks to my Vintage RC10 B2 so this can also be used as a club car for anyone wanting to have a try at racing without having to spending lots of money. Thats a good idea Rich, i will also do this with mine.

Edited by MattyV6

You should definitely make it Jony!

Couple of gremlins with micro's this week, hopefully all sorted before national next weekend...

Mark those pics are awesome, get some of that video uploaded when you can :)

Edited by Rtsbasic

Nice, I think I might be able to come next week :thumbsup:

Jonny you are welcome any time!

We had a few issues with the A38 being closed for around 6 miles for 3 nights this week, we were right in the middle of it but thats all finished now so next week will be back on as normal :)

What are you running now, have you still got the RB6?

You should definitely make it Jony!

Couple of gremlins with micro's this week, hopefully all sorted before national next weekend...

Mark those pics are awesome, get some of that video uploaded when you can :)

Hmmm the gremlins, i think we made the mistake of feeding them after midnight lol, we had all sorts of issues didn't we lol.

Yeah get some Vids uploaded Mark :) The slow mo ones are sexy  :xd:

When's the next Torquay race?

Are you talking about the 10th scale? Round 3 is on the 21st December, they also run a few heats of Micros :)

https://www.facebook.com/151391404875478/photos/pb.151391404875478.-2207520000.1417222614./921396774541600/?type=1&theater