• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NITROTEK! beware

Gashead

I know its been mentioned on here a few times in different threads of guys looking to buy their first RC nitro vehicle, but pleaase listen to someone who has the experiance of buying from these.

I was looking for my first buggy for Christmas and came across their website, being totally ignorant to RC i thought they all looked good. Didn't know any quality or brand names in the world of RC so i went ahead and bought an ACME Condor. It was a tight budget too. Plus i wanted for my first buggy, a self build to get to know how these things work. The kit arrived promptly and admittedly the build instructions were very clear but a few parts were wrong. I had to get some grubscrews from e bay. The standard issue engine is *****, the pullstart came away in my hand so another purchase.

I placed two honest reviews on their website which they failed to publish (i wonder why!!) and now after three "runaways" causing three repairs due to outdated electrics, ive been waiting 5 weeks for parts which still look nowhere in site. Remember the saying "Cheap is Dear" it certainly has been in my experiance so stay clear of this site and Acme racing.

Buyer Beware!!!

I've never shopped or even been on there site but you are complaining about the quality of the rc car you bought, so why complain about the site? You haven't stated a problem with nitrotek. Did you contact nitrotek? did they offer help? Personally I think your problem is the car not nitrotek, if you asked on this forum before making the purchase 9 out of 10 people would of told you to avoid the acme cars

Acme make some really shoddy cars and in my opinion should be avoided but I have to say Nitrotek as a company have always posted my orders out quickly I've had a few helicopters from them with next day postage .

Ordered from them recently and order was delivered next day. No problems at all and item arrived in perfect working order. However I'd only order name brand stuff from them. They do indeed stock some shoddy off-brand cars that I wouldn't touch with the proverbial barge pole though.

John

Thing is, you get these YouTube names (you'll know who I mean) who create reviews for these absolutely appalling models, but they're payed to say it's good. So you get the unsuspecting noon come along and buy the junk because they don't know any better. Himoto and Acme products are rubbish, they're build like toys, not hobby kit and I wouldn't be surprised whether the engine liner is raw steel and unpolished - I wouldn't be surprised...

With hobby stuff, you buy cheap you pay twice, the same with servos.

the only good thing about the ACME Attacker is the engine :whistling: , Its a genuine SH .18 rear port.

I got an Attacker very cheap from nitrotek because it was missing some parts from new (looks like they robbed a few bits off it like exhaust and a diff) but it was less than the price of a new SH.18 engine (which i was after) so its cost me nothing (and its worth nothing lol)

I find it interesting in this day and age how people make uninformed choices about purchases, you only have to spend an hour or so googling away and you can get a pretty good idea of what's a good or bad brand or product to buy. Sure everyone has there own opinion and preferences about certain products, but you can get a good feel about most things by doing a little research.

If I was going to start a new hobby in something I knew nothing about, I would read everything I possibly could about it so I could make an informed decision as to what to buy, okay we all occasionally make a hasty purchase and buy something that's no good (cheap ebay AV cables come to mind) but I can live with that if it was only a few quid,  but not if I'm shelling out a few hundred.

When I re joined the pastime of rc a few years ago, I nearly purchased from said outlet, luckily when I was researching I found MSUK forum and read the horror stories, never looked back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my Condor Pro for 9 years now, I got it for my 13th birthday! No, it's nothing like as good as my Revo 3.3, BUT, it cost like a third of what the Revo did.

I've broken a few things on it, upgraded a couple of bits, but the parts are dirt cheap. And I sometimes enjoy it more than my Revo as I don't really care too much if I smash up the condor so I give it more stick!

(My first post since 2010, I need to get back into this :D )