• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi mini 8ight T

mydoddy69

Ive been patiently waiting on this, but I dont really want to buy it and have to replace the motor and maybe the esc.

Would the motor out a mini 8 buggy fit? I still use mine and it goes great on 2s with no issues.

I just cant believe they have geared this for the nimh. I never even used my nimh with the buggy as im sure a lot of folk didnt

That's the trouble it is the same motor as the buggy but now it has to push a bigger heavier truck so it's not really suited anymore .. I'm holding off getting one for a while as the first batch seem to be struggling with the motor which if you want to run a 2s needs regearing which they don't include !.

Personally buying a new truck to then replace the motor,esc,servo and possibly the rx is not on will hold off see if I can pick up a roller of eBay in a few months state side or something

Edited by mydoddy69

It is not getting good reviews, surely losi have spent hours testing this so I don't understand how they didn't get the problems others are getting unless they don't care??

I really hope if a mk11 m8 is in the works they put a 28mm motor in it and not the same as the m8t, I did mention it when they where asking opinions on what to change over the original m8 but I bet they don't listen.

Si

I know it just dosen't make sense !. I was reading the thread over on rc tech and the guys there are like buy it don't run it strip it repair it and it's fine it's kind of what you expect from an rtr ?? Along with comments like rtr is ready to rebuild or repair ? ..

I read somewhere that losi state to run a 2s you need to swap out the pinion to a 12t or to run a 3s it's an 11t ?? Surely dropping just one tooth is not going to be enough on a already hot system ?.

Most if not all say it's only good on the track and with the ball joints popping off causing damage to the cups etc at every turn it's not even good at that !

Sad to say but this is not making it's way into my collection like this and I really thought this would

Same here. Wanted one .... read reviews .... don't want one now.

The issues are all things that were present in the Mini8. You swap the front rod ends for RPM, you swap the ESC .. and you would swap the motor if you could ... but you accept it will get a bit warm.

This should not be news to Losi. So why not fix the issues?

I know all about RTRs needing a bit of attention sometimes, and not having the best motor/ESc etc. but they should be fit for purpose and be things you upgrade when you want. If you have to do it at the start, your

Such a shame really, it seems that the Losi side of the company doesn't give a rats arse anymore, but the TLR stuff gets the updates and all racer feedback is taken seriously

Edited by .AJ.

There was a couple of people ordering them, anyone got theirs yet and had a chance to try it out?

Mine arrived today not even took it out of the box yet will get a test tomorrow I hope  :thumbsup:

I've just bought a EMB-1 SC, should have it tomorrow :)

Im super tempted by the dessert buggy on asiatees now i have seen it but its twice the price of the sct almost  :shockingscary: and for just a shell i'll have the sct Just under

Is it losi that dont care or horizon hobbies. Afew months back losi became my favourite brand but then the dbxl was named a clone losi thought best to brand than compete and afew other things that people blame horizon for more than losi but they're the same thing.

Mayb this is one reason companies tend to stick with proven models changing a little each update.

The dbxl made losi rep take a big nose dive imo doesn't say losi on it on any of the car just stickers , servos and radio added by losi as far as I can see silly size of wheel too hemi said. If horizon didn't dive on it we could have had a budget car I think so losi screwed us but thats debatable tbh screw us or let themselves be potentially screwed. The noble thing would have to branded it dynamite dbxl tho.

Naughty losi I mean horizon.

couldn't you buy the cage and mod it your self? Im sure its doable.

No going to give the dessert buggy a swirve turns out it a bit of a flop .. The tacon one anyway seems to fall apart and the cage has replaced the shock towers or something like that so once you ding the cage your ride is screwed

Already some have swapped motors to merv motors, if they fit with no modding then the 4 poles from lc and leopard should fit no problem but still why should we have to?

Si

Watch the part specs on the LC racers. MT,Desert buggy have alu. Or buggy kit, but chassis is shorter.

for me I am swaying monste --> trugy conversion and then outbash this 'smoking' losi :lol:

Yep the lc monster is swaying my way good deals on them at asiatees