• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New 1/1 car what to get? Ideas?

HYPER-BOY

Speed limit is 50 (round Gaydon/Fosse Way), the only time they seem to get close is to 'teach me a lesson' then they come back to trundling along at 45. Although I would never attempt it myself, I'm 100% certain that, that road can be completed without dipping below 90mph. That is not a justification or suggesting everyone should drive over the limit but seriously, you bought an R version and slow down to 35mph to take the most minor of corners. I'm only ranting now, it's my daily commute and all I seem to ever see is Evoques and S/R Jag coupes.

I just hate to see an R or even S type driven like a milk float. Might as well buy 6 series to go the shops 100yrds away!

. The reason you prob see evoques and f types around there is because they have a plant in Gaydon they do research and development mainly don't think they build cars there though, I'm at the castle Bromwich jaguar plant

Yeah you can't miss the site or the signs or the trucks or the fancy motors going in and out. There's a motor museum as well. Even though I pass it twice every day, I still haven't been. Maybe I see a  lot of test or management cars. I see a fair few cars going in and out on transporters and I've been told they have a route on the local roads.

Yeah you can't miss the site or the signs or the trucks or the fancy motors going in and out. There's a motor museum as well. Even though I pass it twice every day, I still haven't been. Maybe I see a  lot of test or management cars. I see a fair few cars going in and out on transporters and I've been told they have a route on the local roads.

jag test cars all around th midlands get a bit of tension built up for a release i guess seeing as ive alread seen the xe which isnt due till the end of 201

I was starting to the think the camo scheme was now a dealer option the amount of LR's & Astons that I see camo'd up round here.

The road route was actually the Astons. We were talking to a contractor from Gaydon that brought his slope soarer to dasset. He was telling us about the various licenses you need to be able to drive the astons and showing us the route they use.  Nice mix of roads round here with hill-climbs up the side of the valley, general country roads and the M40 for a quick blat back home.

Having seen a couple more R coupes this morning, I'd say they looked a lot like top-management types driving them. Couldn't see any golf clubs though so could be wrong!

• 4 weeks later...