• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking Basher Sabertooth

• 1 month later...

I have two of these now. I have the 2nd as a stock back up, that I haven't used. Apart from using the 2nd shell which I wrecked after bashing a tree with it, the original has held up well considering I go hard on it.

I have a have a broken parts list as follows.

Hinge pins on the front arms x6.

Front shock towers x2 (can be straightened)

Front shock pins x3

Inner tire foams water damaged and replaced. (The car was totally submerged and kept going).

Steering ball holders x2.

Shell body x2

That's about it.

Sounds like it could be a potential cheap basher, maybe, all those bits where mentioned by vas in his youtube review (aussie rc playground). I'm pretty sure he said there were uprated shock tower and shaft hop ups which fix the bendy issues there, shock pins can be had off other models that don't bend. He hit 67kmh with it stock too, does that sound right to you?

Anyone else on here tried one yet?

And Doddy, do you think you would stand by your earlier statement of buying one as a first/budget rig?

Over a MT4? Only reason being I would want to buy a few spares with either and sort any recommended issues too and I'm just wondering if the MT4 will really be

Sounds like it could be a potential cheap basher, maybe, all those bits where mentioned by vas in his youtube review (aussie rc playground). I'm pretty sure he said there were uprated shock tower and shaft hop ups which fix the bendy issues there, shock pins can be had off other models that don't bend. He hit 67kmh with it stock too, does that sound right to you?

And Doddy, do you think you would stand by your earlier statement of buying one as a first/budget rig?

Over a MT4? Only reason being I would want to buy a few spares with either and sort any recommended issues too and I'm just wondering if the MT4 will really be

This is my main bash truck now

Got 2 mt4s,and a savage 4.6, and a savage xs, hyper ss, rc8.2 blah blah blah

At the moment I only take my sabertooth out, I've done all the basic upgrades

Hardened shock shafts, the red option springs,Serpant 811Te pistons with 60wt oil

Front brace, New servo and some badlands

Oh and a 17t pinion

Front and back diff 20k, center 500k

On nd hyper 9 hinge pins

Must admit it's faster than I was expecting, and I've hammered mine quite hard a few times and nothing has broken

Edited by gouldypg

• 4 years later...