• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****(Hong nor / Jammin Owners Club)****

Hey guys is anyone still running these? I picked up a nitro x1 crt a couple of weeks ago from local fb page. it's a bit dirty and in need of a strip down and clean up, a couple of servos, lower front arm and radio gear but I think I got a good deal with some other bits. I won a few more spare bits on fleabay for a good price too so hopefully be up and running soon enough

14 hours ago, stevo2551 said:

Hey guys is anyone still running these? I picked up a nitro x1 crt a couple of weeks ago from local fb page. it's a bit dirty and in need of a strip down and clean up, a couple of servos, lower front arm and radio gear but I think I got a good deal with some other bits. I won a few more spare bits on fleabay for a good price too so hopefully be up and running soon enough

Yes! I've got three. Two conversions and I've just picked up a bnib x2 CR pro factory brushless edition. Rare as hen's teeth.

• Like 1

ide like an x3 sabre pro one day if parts are available. 

i had a nice x1 but ended up selling it for £50 annoyed at parts support. but then found out what spider diffs wer. it had all 3 lol. 

8 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

ide like an x3 sabre pro one day if parts are available. 

i had a nice x1 but ended up selling it for £50 annoyed at parts support. but then found out what spider diffs wer. it had all 3 lol. 

:crying:

Well I never knew that. I'm running vintage rc's these days.

There's a few "Vintage" HN/Jammin parts on flebay right now. Might have to start looking after my CRT and only take it out in the dry/warm summer months.

Unlikely.

• Like 1

I took it In work today to have a tinker at dinner time, I took a couple of pics but they don't show just how dirty it is 

20170131_124918.jpg

20170131_124926.jpg

I took all the shocks off to take home and service there, and took the rear section off to attack tomorrow if I get time.

I knew the rear shocks needed some attention as they seemed like there was no oil in them....i wasn't expecting mud though

20170131_205909.jpg

I found a slightly bent shaft on the front and one on the rear, they seemed ok as I was filling them with some 50wt oil, only time will tell.

8 hours ago, stevo2551 said:

I took it In work today to have a tinker at dinner time, I took a couple of pics but they don't show just how dirty it is 

20170131_124918.jpg

20170131_124926.jpg

I took all the shocks off to take home and service there, and took the rear section off to attack tomorrow if I get time.

I knew the rear shocks needed some attention as they seemed like there was no oil in them....i wasn't expecting mud though

20170131_205909.jpg

I found a slightly bent shaft on the front and one on the rear, they seemed ok as I was filling them with some 50wt oil, only time will tell.

That's not dirty!  Seriously though, enjoy - there solid truggy's.    Your's looks like a RTR with some Pro bits on, with the older 13mm shocks.   Spare shafts are pretty reasonable, from memory I think there's some sets on ebay at the moment.  That said it may be worthwhile putting the £ towards a new set.

The newer 16mm shocks are a real step up in function, though following them being on offer for £30 a set last year for months they've reverted back to £60, and the you need springs.  A 2ns hand set, or big bores from another truggy might prove a more cost effective upgrade if you ever wanted to.

It wasn't widely available but Hong Nor did produce a factory brushless version of there X2 buggy.  Of course they've long since been discontinued and sightings in the wild are rare.

After searching far and wide, for a long time, I've managed to source one - not any old beater either but brand new, in it's sealed box.  I'm not sure what i'll do with this yet..... it's almost too good to use but here's a few taster pics.

32650589915_237f8f0d65_o.jpg

32610063196_976eb14a0e_o.jpg

32610081016_c2f52f5f40_o.jpg[/url]

32497682922_9d4bac2238_o.jpg

The keen eyed will notice it's the nitro chassis, with the same BL mount the X3e uses (and others).  Spec wise it's a Pro - so 7075 chassis, centre shafts, CF towers and more.  I'd have liked to have seen an alloy upper arm holder but otherwise you can't really ask for more.  I'm on the hunt for a few choice bits but otherwise nothing much else.

Shell is uncut, and designed for BL so a little fugly.  I'll get some pics of it when I can use natural lighting as it's a pita to get a good shot under low energy lighting. 

• Like 2

That looks pretty sweet, I thought about going bl with it but as it's a bit older and parts arnt  as easy to find as some others I thought I'd just clean it all up and take it out now and then for  a bit more of a gentle bash, I have the trophy buggy flux for bl fun and a savage 5.9 for bashing too. It won't be up and running for a while yet as I don't always have the time and money to do what I'd like but I'm slowly gathering bits and bobs that it needs. Do you have any suggestions for a cheap servo? I've just swapped the steering servo in the savage so going to use that as one of the missing ones for the x1.

34 minutes ago, stevo2551 said:

That looks pretty sweet, I thought about going bl with it but as it's a bit older and parts arnt  as easy to find as some others I thought I'd just clean it all up and take it out now and then for  a bit more of a gentle bash, I have the trophy buggy flux for bl fun and a savage 5.9 for bashing too. It won't be up and running for a while yet as I don't always have the time and money to do what I'd like but I'm slowly gathering bits and bobs that it needs. Do you have any suggestions for a cheap servo? I've just swapped the steering servo in the savage so going to use that as one of the missing ones for the x1.

I've not struggled with parts tbh - sure you can't pick them up from your typical LHS but there's plenty of suppliers online.  That said there also extremely durable - you may break the odd bit on your old model, but new plastics are superb.

Cheap servo - Power HD LF20kg - £15 from China, £20 in the UK.  Right on it's limit in a truggy but will do the job.  A more sensible option would be a savox 1256tg - bit over double the price but much more capable and great reliability.

I think when it gets to the time for servos I will probably use the steering servo I took off the savage for the steering on the x1 and just buy a cheap one for the throttle and brake, I will also need some 2.4ghz radio gear or a set of crystals for the old tx/rx that came with it. 

I didn't intend of doing a full strip and rebuild but it seems that way now lol I've taken one of the diffs out and will probably look at changing the oil in it later on, I have a few from doing the other cars and was thinking something t

Like 7k front and 5k rear does that sound around about ok for this truggy? 

On my 2nd HN X1 CRT now after being hooked on them with my last. Really really solidly put together, parts support I haven't found to be too terrible, although parts that are out there are very dear compared to other similar models

Managed to get a X2 Buggy with all the Jammin hopups on it for cheap and just transfered what I could, Ally rear uprights, Ally C-Hubs and Knuckles, Ally centre diff supports, Ally toe plates, ally front bulkhead brace just missing a pair of truggy length chassis braces as my buggy ones are too short, some shafts and we're away.

Just had a full rebuild.

20170125_211305_zpsmrumhuyu.jpg

Edited by HellaFlush

21 hours ago, HellaFlush said:

On my 2nd HN X1 CRT now after being hooked on them with my last. Really really solidly put together, parts support I haven't found to be too terrible, although parts that are out there are very dear compared to other similar models

Managed to get a X2 Buggy with all the Jammin hopups on it for cheap and just transfered what I could, Ally rear uprights, Ally C-Hubs and Knuckles, Ally centre diff supports, Ally toe plates, ally front bulkhead brace just missing a pair of truggy length chassis braces as my buggy ones are too short, some shafts and we're away.

Just had a full rebuild.

20170125_211305_zpsmrumhuyu.jpg

Is that Maizie's old one with the custom chassis?

I'm just in the middle of stripping and servicing the front diff and the gasket has disintegrated as I've taken the crown off, it was a leaky diff anyway as the 4 screws were loose and it's empty too. I think I have a spare one in some bits I got off fleabay recently but when I did the rear the other day there was no gasket at all and it didn't leak, does anyone have the part number for the future of it does or one from a different rc that's the same size? I'll wait until it's been out for a run and see if all is still ok before I strip it again to to put a gasket on i think...

I've only got the Center diff and brake assembly left to strip and clean (the Mrs thinks I'm nuts because I've pulled everything apart and cleaned with a topthbrush, please tell me this is normal) ??

Anyhew, I changed the plastic steering post bushes for some bearings that just happen to fit from another rc but if I tighten the top screws with the plate on the steering goes way to stiff. It was like that before that's why I swapped them over. I've tried putting a little inner diff  shim between the bearing and the plate but it still binds. I ran out of time at work so put some blue threadlock on and just lightly nipped the screws so it was ok. Any ideas? I Think I'm going to grind the tiny washer even smaller in diameter and see if that works...

• 5 months later...

I've not been  on here for a while, ive come to pick the x1crt up from the man shed and those dodgy rear shock shafts have leaked again, I've had a look around but not found any that I think are right, could someone possibly post me a part number for the rears please? I'm going to turn my attentions back to this as I replaced the spur gear on the savage the other morning, and after 5 mins running around on a flat field and the conrod snapped ? to be fair I've ran the 5.9 for over a year with no real issues.....non the less annoying though 

5 hours ago, stevo2551 said:

I've not been  on here for a while, ive come to pick the x1crt up from the man shed and those dodgy rear shock shafts have leaked again, I've had a look around but not found any that I think are right, could someone possibly post me a part number for the rears please? I'm going to turn my attentions back to this as I replaced the spur gear on the savage the other morning, and after 5 mins running around on a flat field and the conrod snapped ? to be fair I've ran the 5.9 for over a year with no real issues.....non the less annoying though 

Which shocks do you have?  The 13mm or 16mm?

10 hours ago, stevo2551 said:

If its the 13mm I'm sure i have some...

• 1 year later...

Yup, a few on here still I think, though spares situation for X1/X2 prob precludes them from being launched in quite the same way as say an X3 or Hyper 7...

I was genuinely surprised at the quality of components on my X1CR Pro - in most areas a notch above my H7's, which are themselves incredibly robust.

• 2 months later...

Old reply, but of note for people coming across the thread via google.  There's no issue with X1 / X2 parts, indeed they're much stronger than the X3's - the X3 is primarily a track car - make a good basher but not the level of the X1 Pro's.