• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/4 scale grave digger

CuttyBadmanz

Conley V8  .....  Stinger 609.

http://www.conleyprecision.com/609.htm

A mere snip at $8200 .... gulp.

According to Conley, it's 5.5Hp normally aspirated, and around 9Hp if you run it with the supercharger.

Now, I'm not a fan of the actual look of Grave Digger, but it does look like an impressive piece of kit. It's been years in the construction, and I cannot imagine how much its cost overall. It's also probably as much throttle as I have actually seen applied to a Conley. Most just get started and idled and switched off....or else trundled gently around.

• Like 1

How the smeg did he make that sound so authentic?? It's awesome!!  :sweeeet:

Who cares how fast it can go when it sounds like that! I'd just poodle down the shops with it and scare the crap out of all the locals! :lol:

The only way to get 'that' sound is to actually have a V8 engine.... nothing else sounds like that.

Run it on basically open pipes, and that's all you need .... oh...yes..and the $8000 to buy the motor. You'll need that...

But then again, when you look at what the largescale plane guys spend, actually...that motor is pretty reasonable. There is a serious amount of engineering involved, and it is a proper scale engine in every respect.

I've been watching this Digger build over the years - been quite fascinating!

How much all the different trials and fails must have cost him is quite another.

Great that he stuck with it - looks and certainly SOUNDS great.

Al.