• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

Just see the MF is back up for sale   seems to be a good size.  Have to see how my RC car sales go,   might have to get one

Defo worth getting it if on sale - Lego have bumped up their prices (considerably on some sets!) as of 1 September. 
The biggest surprise was the UCS Land Speeder going up from £170 to £210 and similar price increase for R2-D2. 
I imagine other themed sets have gone up too. 

If you take your time and enjoy the build, probably 8 or so hours. 
If you speed build, then 4-5. 

I'm at the much slower end! 😂

Put another way, I’d probably set aside 3-4 days to comfortably put this set together without any long sessions (although when you’re in the zone, it’s hard to walk away!).
I always struggle finding the balance between ‘I need sleep now’ and ‘one more numbered bag’ 😂

4 hours ago, calals said:

1872 pcs... How long do you think it will take?

Not going to start it just yet, I have  Rheumatoid arthritis and am having a flair at the moments so my hands dont work very well. Normaly passes in a few days so ill make a start when i can 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I should see if this will still make a full set!
This was one of the first sets I ever bought (well, that my dad bought me!)  DB598606-84DF-4438-A804-EFCBBAB02D49.thumb.jpeg.328fefb4e2265e5a7ccf5cbba9e4c644.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone getting the titanic  I just see a pic of it, and it looks nice  then it hit me how much is this thing going to cost  lol    just under £600  i was thinking it would be around £900

• Haha 1

Agree, it looks incredible but displaying it will be an equally big challenge - the dimensions are ridiculous!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, H1q said:

Agree, it looks incredible but displaying it will be an equally big challenge - the dimensions are ridiculous!

I don't think I have the room to store the box until I got round to building it

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 19:49, H1q said:

I guess I should see if this will still make a full set!
This was one of the first sets I ever bought (well, that my dad bought me!)  DB598606-84DF-4438-A804-EFCBBAB02D49.thumb.jpeg.328fefb4e2265e5a7ccf5cbba9e4c644.jpeg

Did you still have all the parts

15 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Did you still have all the parts

Sadly not - I’ve lost most of the pieces over time. 😞

When looking through, I remembered that I had two sets -  the base station and the ship.

Maybe I’ll put it up on eBay - someone might want these bits as spares lol.