• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

Some things gone wrong, I was racing a greyhound on a field after the owner of the dog said the god needed a good run. It over took me on a straight and I was full throttle for about 5 seconds then off car ran fine no issues, I gave it a 1/8 turn clockwise, still blue smoke coming out so looked all ok, gave it another run then on the straight it slowed down after a 3 second burst, engine was still idling but I was giving it full throttle and it was revving low but no movement.  Switched it off tried again started fine but full throttle but very slight rev change but no movement, waited till fuel ran out and then the revs got higher and the car started to crawl forward without me using the throttle and cut out (no fuel left)  What have I done , will try and get a youtube vid up asap.

Cheers

Hi folks,

Great thread with lots of really helpfull info.

Quick question, has anyone done a gas converion on the mta4 s50?  I was thinking of using the losi xxl 2 dynamite .31 although it is a bit expensive but relatively easy to do from what i have seen.....on youtube.  Cheaper fuel and less tunning have got me tempted.

Am just a bit worried this might be a bit slow compared to the .50 s50 nitro engine.  Would a better alernative be to buy an LRP .32 engine which is a lot cheaper.

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Not sure havent had her dyno'd yet.  From factory i believe they are around 420 bhp.

She has a stage 1 organic clutch and a cat back stainles exhaust so far, next plan is a dyno, carbon clean and a chip :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

copied from elsewhere ....anyone help...

"Anyone know why my nitro car cuts out when i press the brake?
It has had a new clutch but still does it. The car is a Thunder Tiger Sledgehammer S50"

idles and runs fine he says..

remove air filter.apply brake then look in side carb...gap should be about 1mm..with brake still aplied adjust idle screw till gap correct......release brake.refit filter start and test should be fine now.....

copied from elsewhere ....anyone help...

"Anyone know why my nitro car cuts out when i press the brake?
It has had a new clutch but still does it. The car is a Thunder Tiger Sledgehammer S50"

idles and runs fine he says..

remove air filter.apply brake then look in side carb...gap should be about 1mm..with brake still aplied adjust idle screw till gap correct......release brake.refit filter start and test should be fine now.....

mine had same problem...did this and all good

Anyone got spare wheels for sale, my hexes are just about gone :(

Cheers

Dave

:thumbsup:

Full set or single one?

• 2 weeks later...