• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

mgt%204.6_274x182.jpg

http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=VG-DEV&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=Roll_Cages&Product_Code=VGR-MGT_4-6_Chrome

one for me and the sons .. if bought at the same time its free shipping ...

that is unless someone is gonna tell me i can't use it lol ...

just hope you dont land top heavy as the metal will just bend, i would be better if it was plastic then it would absorb and bend back into shape rather than just bend and stay bent :confused:

Hi All,

I was considering getting an MTA G3 in the near future, however I recently saw this http://www.ttamerica.com/ and I am concerned about what this could mean for future support with the truck- parts and replacement if something goes wrong. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi All,

I was considering getting an MTA G3 in the near future, however I recently saw this http://www.ttamerica.com/ and I am concerned about what this could mean for future support with the truck- parts and replacement if something goes wrong. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Cheers,

Matt

that is a US distributor for thunder tiger. doesn't look relevant for us here in the UK at all.

What kind of top speeds are you guys getting. I've had 37mph on byrons 25% on grass. I've seen videos and claims of 45-50mph though. Is this with a stock spur or what?

What kind of top speeds are you guys getting. I've had 37mph on byrons 25% on grass. I've seen videos and claims of 45-50mph though. Is this with a stock spur or what?

37-38 is about the max standard gearing, i fitted a bigger clutchbell on mine and achieved 45+

i did also smash the 50 barrier but that was running 5s on a brushless conversion!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to do a dual tank mod sometime in Apr/May, main problem at moment is what springs should I have on the original shocks should I go gold/red or copper, I use the truck for a few jumps nothing crazy as I'm still learning, should I get the alloy caps and bottoms or just buy a full set of adjustable shocks can you name any and what length diameter do I need, all help appreciated. 

There's a seller on ebay selling in different lengths from I think 60mm up to 150mm different alloy colours and at

hi just got an s50 wondered if any 1 had any spare fuel for sale in the nottingham area and any body selling a spare tank please?

you are asking a bunch of S50 owners if they have any spare fuel? Don't you know we buy it buy the 10 gallon drum and that sill only lasts a week? ;)

• Like 1

I'm hoping to do a dual tank mod sometime in Apr/May, main problem at moment is what springs should I have on the original shocks should I go gold/red or copper, I use the truck for a few jumps nothing crazy as I'm still learning, should I get the alloy caps and bottoms or just buy a full set of adjustable shocks can you name any and what length diameter do I need, all help appreciated. 

There's a seller on ebay selling in different lengths from I think 60mm up to 150mm different alloy colours and at

full set of alloy thunder tiger shocks on mine...

tried some random make. they were rubbish.might aswell chucked money down drain.

alloy shocks look nice too..

My cousin has just bought this for my nephew, however in his wisdom he's ****** around with the needle settings and it sounds bloody dreadful!

I know the base settings for these are completely ****ed up in the manual so what carb settings does everyone use to break in?