• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

Cool I'll try that I've got red springs from another car so easy try.

And a big thanks to Sean and qrc took on board what you both said running sweet now! :)

Glad you got it running right mate, I believe there good for 40+ mph, can do it on 2 wheels too if the mood takes :D

Glad you got it running right mate, I believe there good for 40+ mph, can do it on 2 wheels too if the mood takes :D

Not even leaned it out yet

image_zps7d3e0979.jpg

Can't wait till I have!

• Like 1

Thought I'd post up some pics of my brushless MTA4

(Its still a work in progress)

20140322_114337_zps24048027.jpg

20140322_114349_zps2311b8ee.jpg

One of the issuse I have with my mta4 is that being the s28, the hexes are a ridiculous 14mm

20140322_114011_zpsfea9baf5.jpg

Which is probably going to cause problems running these wheels...

20140322_115500_zps4facac10.jpg

20140322_115756_zps1cceefe4.jpg

I'd like to get 17mm adapters at some point but this conversion is on hold until my van gets repaired :/

I'd love getting the rpm knuckle mod but its

• Like 1

Tyre recommendations is worth a punt today for the topic, any ideas for either trucks.

Friend of mine raced the MGT 4.6 some time ago and he used HPI Dirt Bonz.

• Like 1

Picked mine up today off Sean -vrs only just got a chance to have a quick look can't wait till tomorrow to give it a good check

over looks like a good solid truck thanks again Sean

• Like 1

CML have the red and copper shock springs in stock

I've got some on back order plus shock caps summit shell and cage, some blue bead locks and a Byron air filter. Bye bye orange Lols. still haven't managed to get some T connectors for my fuel line though local pet shop didn't have any. :( got shock socks on now though

Edited by Morpet

Oh and a quick suggestion check your shock caps guys. two of mine were loose one leaked and have only been on flat field so far.

Does anyone know how many turns out from from fully closed the slipper should be on thevspur

The Team Associated manual quotes, tighten the slipper nut and fully compress the spring. Then loosen the slipper nut by 1/4 turn.

Need some running videos next chaps :)

Will do once running 100%. Still a bit wary to be honest Lols. But there's a nice tack nearby which my bullet is loving. Once I've got the nerve I'll take my s50 there to. I'm one of them guys that's very cautious. Don't wanna break it just yet lol finishing my duel tank mod now post done pics when I'm done.

• Like 1

Out of interest what type of brushless motor combo is best for this? I'm currently gonna convert my losi so may just do this as well seeming as I'll have the batteries and charger ;)Just dunno tho the thing flys on nitro :P

I've just borrowed a leopard 2000kv 4274 motor and 150a esc from my Hyper 7 that I'm just in the process of fitting into my mta4

No idea Lols got my tank lines run but now it won't stay running without starter Lols time to go back to factory settings I guess