• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My SCX10 G6

A bit of an update I had a mad moment earlier and put a 13.5T brushless motor in it. I did take it for a little test and I think I have an idea of where/what I want to go with it now but I will update this when I have got the parts.

I run a 13.5T in my AX10 (mostly) crawler on 3s and love it. Bit quick at top end for a scaler but will still creep along. It is sensored though.

Replace the plastic top links with alu ones, either Axial or homemade... if it hasnt already as part of the kit an alu steering link is a good move to.

There are a bomb load of parts for these though, almost every week i see something else i never knew existed !

Replace the plastic top links with alu ones, either Axial or homemade... if it hasnt already as part of the kit an alu steering link is a good move to.

There are a bomb load of parts for these though, almost every week i see something else i never knew existed !

I will eventually get some alu top links but I have other things I want to get first.

I know what mean about the parts that are available I made the mistake of finding the vanquish website among others.

• 4 months later...

Looking good... 

Amain if you havent already found them are a good source for parts, being a US reseller you run the risk of import duty though. I've had a number of parts from them and only got caught out once, the item still worked out cheaper than UK sellers but not the bargain it started as.

AsiaTees are also worth a look. For the majority of low stress parts the likes of GPM and TopCad are fine on the SCX10, i would recommend JunFac / Gmade for the drive shafts over topcad though, the ones i had fell to bits, the gmades are been rock solid.

• Like 1

Looking good...

Amain if you havent already found them are a good source for parts, being a US reseller you run the risk of import duty though. I've had a number of parts from them and only got caught out once, the item still worked out cheaper than UK sellers but not the bargain it started as.

AsiaTees are also worth a look. For the majority of low stress parts the likes of GPM and TopCad are fine on the SCX10, i would recommend JunFac / Gmade for the drive shafts over topcad though, the ones i had fell to bits, the gmades are been rock solid.

Thanks. :)

I'll have a look at those sites, I do keep looking on Amain but haven't got around to ordering anything yet mainly because I keep getting distracted by looking at things I can't afford lol.

Yeah...lol... i find that a lot too ;)

I've found that CVDs, Knuckles and Hubs are worth paying a little more for (not sure if they are worth paying VP prices though)... and as i said, shafts... other than that its much of a muchness imo and theres nothing wrong with going cheaper

• Like 1

• 9 months later...