• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Changing Baja Diff Oil

HYPER-BOY

Easy enough job to do.

Start by stripping the spur gear and brake assemblies. Remove the exhaust, rear top plate, pop out the upper pivot pins. Diff case off...open her up, sort hte diff...re-grease the gearbox gears and slap it back together.

• Like 2

Not a hard job at all to do bud, getting it out is a 5 minute job, same for putting it back, and whatever it takes you to clean it up and change oils... Put your bolts back where they're meant to go in the parts you take off and it's really easy, that's the only problem I ever have, but getting the hang of it now, stripped and rebuilt enough of them :lol:

Anyone done a you tube video on this job?

TFE probably has.

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1

Mines got 3k in it, think I'm going to put something thicker in... Got to rebuild the shocks too, damn messy jobs :(

Yeah very messy, my table is wrecked! - So are my hands.. At least I get to go and put a few tanks through it tomorrow! - As long as it works :)

I think I want something a bit thicker in mine, with the low torque from 23cc and side pipe combination, it doesn't lose traction enough.

Shall get around to it eventually :lol:

are you planning on getting a bigbore kit any time soon or waiting to get a bigboy next year?

I went from 23 to 28.5 with a bb kit, well worth the 45 squids.

what you thinking on oil, 10k -20k?

are you planning on getting a bigbore kit any time soon or waiting to get a bigboy next year?

I went from 23 to 28.5 with a bb kit, well worth the 45 squids.

what you thinking on oil, 10k -20k?

I'm thinking about possibly getting a bigger head kit for the moment... Although saying that, I could put this engine in Baja #2 and buy myself something new for this Baja.

Solves the problem of not being able to find an engine for the second one and solves my problem of wanting a bit more lower grunt.

Oil wise I was thinking around 20/30.

I use WD40, some people use GT85.

I generally spray a load of WD40 in, give it a good rough going over with a paint brush then straight into the shower on the fastest setting... Cleans it all right out.

For the shocks, I just put a touch of the new oil I'm going to use in, pump it a bit, let it drain out and that's it done.

• 2 years later...
On 6 March 2014 at 20:49, Nitroholic said:

Easy enough job to do.

Start by stripping the spur gear and brake assemblies. Remove the exhaust, rear top plate, pop out the upper pivot pins. Diff case off...open her up, sort hte diff...re-grease the gearbox gears and slap it back together.

It sounds very easy? Is it really as simple as that? So no need to remove rear sway bars?