• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What I plan on Getting

Sin

Right well after some hard choices etc i am going to buy a Savage X SS :D

And i am also planning on getting a HPI Transmitter & Receiver, then i am going to buy a second hand HPI SF-1 servo for the throttle, and a Servo Shop Pro With metal gears for steering as those big wheels will kill the standard SF-1 found that out from watching my friends savage.

A Fastrax High Capacity 4500mAh Glowstarter ( thanks to Ziggy's review )

Now the only change i think at the moment will be to get a revo, but the 3.3 version is too expensive and the savage seems to be better value for money, does any one have any suggestions on what else to buy or what to change, hop-ups might come in April when its my birthday but for now the standard parts seem good enough

Thanks Jamie

but whats up with a nice cheap hpi one because i don't think i will ever notice the difference, i mean yeah some have loads of features but i doubt i will every use any of these ??

You're probably less likely to get interference on fm than am, and also on 40mhz than on 27mhz. Its personal preference really, if your using it in a busy area near electrical signals, then you may be best off getting 40 fm, but I have 27 am and have never had interference what so ever.

:good:

HPI - cheap

Naff...

No end of problems... First sign of water - Its gone....

I've gone to spekky - Bit of trouble settin it up - but its much better overall

Okay it costs £160

But interferance free - Failsafe built in

and soo many dam options to put the car to ur' exact specifications :D

Ziggy

well i will get the hpi one first as i have to stick to a budget then if i start having problems i will get a better one around my birthday.

Which one do u have Ziggy ??

Edited by Sin

But im sure if you put your spectrum in the wet, it would have its problems, most electronics do. I'm sure it will be fine for what he wants to do, especially in big open places. As long as he gets a failsafe, nothing bad is gonna happen ;)

yeah i was looking at the M-troniks Micro Failsafe, cos it was recommenced by quite a few people.

If i was/were to attend a r/c bash would i most likely need a 40mhz transmitter and receiver or would it just depend if others where using 27mhz ?

Would Something like a Spektrum DX2 be alot better ??

Edited by Sin

yeah i was looking at the M-troniks Micro Failsafe, cos it was recommenced by quite a few people.

If i was/were to attend a r/c bash would i most likely need a 40mhz transmitter and receiver or would it just depend if others where using 27mhz ?

Would Something like a Spektrum DX2 be alot better ??

You wouldnt need a different range, just a different crystal. The crystal divides up the ranges into smaller numbers so a lot of people can be on the same range.

spekky's are miiles better, and also faster response than 27megz

but most people have spekkys now, so 27am would be fine if you wree to attend a bash - as not many people would be using it and if they are use some different xtals ;)

yeah thats ok then, i knew about the crystals before as i had an old tamiya r/c and i remember having to change the frequency because my friend had the same one, lol :D

is the spekky one really worth the money then ??

Edited by Sin

well not really i wouldnt say, all thats good about it is its frequency and no xtal thingy, but apart from that its got no better features than any other radio. its for racers IMO, to prevent interference etc

if i had lotsa money to spend on radio i wouldnt buy a spekky put it that way, id buy some decent digital radio at same price, then a spekky module and Rx ;)

spekky's are miiles better, and also faster response than 27megz

but most people have spekkys now, so 27am would be fine if you wree to attend a bash - as not many people would be using it and if they are use some different xtals ;)

Faster By miles yes!! my car is springy - it easily moves about

It most certainly see why profesional racers use it...

And i had 27mhz stuff - i swapped crystals on a regular basis....

Ziggy

Right well after some hard choices etc i am going to buy a Savage X SS :D

And i am also planning on getting a HPI Transmitter & Receiver, then i am going to buy a second hand HPI SF-1 servo for the throttle, and a Servo Shop Pro With metal gears for steering as those big wheels will kill the standard SF-1 found that out from watching my friends savage.

A Fastrax High Capacity 4500mAh Glowstarter ( thanks to Ziggy's review )

Now the only change i think at the moment will be to get a revo, but the 3.3 version is too expensive and the savage seems to be better value for money, does any one have any suggestions on what else to buy or what to change, hop-ups might come in April when its my birthday but for now the standard parts seem good enough

Thanks Jamie

i have a brand new hpi transmitter and receiver of my savage x as i brought a 3 channel hi-tec your if you want it mate,

Faster By miles yes!! my car is springy - it easily moves about

It most certainly see why profesional racers use it...

And i had 27mhz stuff - i swapped crystals on a regular basis....

Ziggy

i wernt onabout cars you n00b lol

i meant theres less time between what you do and what you see, say with 27 you can put full throttle on and it wil stay still for half a second, with spekky it moves str8 off

oh, and i think pro's wouldn't use the spekky, only the module cos there are much better radio's out there ;)

i have a brand new hpi transmitter and receiver of my savage x as i brought a 3 channel hi-tec your if you want it mate,

thanks alot to neilg71pug i now have a receiver and transmitter in the post :D

Brilliant deal mate :good:

Edited by Sin

• 3 weeks later...

just wondering i have seen that getting a savage from America and shipping it over would cost me £257 saving me about £75 but do you think i am more than likely to get charged import tax as its a big package ??

Customs allow gift parcels but only to the value of £37 or there abouts, so if the item is over that then should anything happen it wont be covered for compensation. (well a max of 37 anyway)

Ebay sellers sometimes mark items as custom charge free and they usually mark the item as a gift in this way.

Its a gamble, i've taken before and never had any trouble but ya never know.

Robbing [CENSORED]s anyway, why should we have to pay the bloody tax !