• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cost of going brushless.

I have been running nitro for about the last 15 years and I have no idea about brushless. I have been thinking of converting my xb8 over to brushless as it would give me more places I could go with it due to it not being noisy.

I can work out the cost of a conversion kit using parts from the xb8e.

What would be a rough price of motor,esc,lipos,charger etc...?

What is a good setup for 1/8th buggy?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. Given me options to look at. Been on eBay looking at esc's and motors. Find it all a bit much when looking at the amount of different batteries etc there is out there.

turnigy nano tech hardcase lipos, I like these, good value, heard good things about the zippy hardcase ones too. Personally I like the HPI Plazma lipos, can't go wrong with those. As for motor an esc, mamba monster with a ezrun 150amp esc, job done ! or the ripper combo that comes with the thunder tiger mt4..

Personally, 9 times out of 10 your better off selling your nitro and buying a new brushless RTR....

Edited by Rixsta
  • Like 1

vymyvydu.jpg Thanks I love my nitro too much to sell it just want a brushless setup for the places I want to go where noise could be an issue. Anyway thought I would see what I could build out of my spares I have. It's a bit of a hybrid. Xray xb8 chassis with the front end, rear end and centre diff from my old "snapped" 808 2010. Gives me a good starting point to work from I think. Edited by dinkz

Bloody hell!

Exactly. I know this hobby isn't cheap as I've been in to it for years but as I said if I would have worked the cost out  before hand I wouldn't have done it,  I would have probably brought a new nitro car  :yes:

I guess I'm like a lot of people and thought electric would be fun so wanted to give it a try.

There's quite a lot to learn to boot and I think I'm only just comfortable to charge the Lipos and hopefully get it running this coming weekend.

I guess when you get the hang of it and just charge some batteries and go out it must (should) be great but I've personally never really had many problems with my fuel cars so it should be interesting. Well it better be.

I've just finished converting a lightning stadium pro and it is worth it it's a right laugh and I'm only running 4s at the min till I get some more packs hers a run down

Truck cost me

Edited by Peakey29

Just rememberd diff oil you will need to do this as a brushless setup will put more stress on them than a nitro one will. Have a look at this helped me loads

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/163191-differential-setupsoils-etc/?hl=diff