• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

was your first rc nitro or electric

vrs55

Do you guys that have nitros find it difficult finding places to run them with the noise they make

I live in a small village, most days we have farm type of noise and everybody seems to have petrol garden tools so I can even fun my nitro in my garden with out any problems. I also use the bridal way and farmers fields as long as nothing is growing in them lol

Rob

• Like 1

I live in a small village, most days we have farm type of noise and everybody seems to have petrol garden tools so I can even fun my nitro in my garden with out any problems. I also use the bridal way and farmers fields as long as nothing is growing in them lol

Rob

I have a few places I could run a nitro if I ever got one but not sure about all the breaking in sounds complicated plus starting it and doing the breaking in and tuning in my back garden wouldn't be to good for my neighbours  :confused:

Rob

Yep same here with a few of my neighbours too, Sunday mornings one has his traction engines running ( love that sound) so don't feel bad at all playing in carpark at all. Love were I live I will say never in 7 years of living here has there been a neighbour problem.

Trophy 3.5 and a flying fish electric if getting them for the kids class as my first RC car lol beside I went on to get another Trophy for me anyway :lol:

egac

• Like 1

Do you guys that have nitros find it difficult finding places to run them with the noise they make

Only once i have been told they were too noisy, by an angry security guard. (Prob fell out with his missus the day before)

Have had the police appear a few times with allegation of mini motos being run or folk saying that a building is getting broken into with a stihl saw, but usually when the police appear they are happy to watch for a few minutes, ask a few questions like "are they expensive" , "how fast do they go" and "where did you buy that from" and then leave me alone and they go off and do some other police work

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

I started with a Tamiya hornet when I was a kid, got back into it around 5 years ago with nitro savages, which I love. Unfortunately now I don't really have the time to tinker with nitro engines, so have done a brushless conversion. I'ts still early stages, but for some reason I'm finding it a bit more stressful than nitro, maybe it's because I'm still fairly unfamiliar with it..but I just cannot seem to trust the ESC yet, I worry it may burst into flames at any moment, I also worry about ruining

• Like 1

I have a few places I could run a nitro if I ever got one but not sure about all the breaking in sounds complicated plus starting it and doing the breaking in and tuning in my back garden wouldn't be to good for my neighbours :confused:

I bought mine second hand so didn't have to break it in but I think if you take it slow and read up you wouldn't have any problems as it actually seems easy enough.

I'm very lucky with my neighbours as everybody seems to have respect for each other and asking as we at t doing anything to noisy/late at night we pretty much leave each other to it, after all we do have different interests

Rob

• Like 1

Only once i have been told they were too noisy, by an angry security guard. (Prob fell out with his missus the day before)

Have had the police appear a few times with allegation of mini motos being run or folk saying that a building is getting broken into with a stihl saw, but usually when the police appear they are happy to watch for a few minutes, ask a few questions like "are they expensive" , "how fast do they go" and "where did you buy that from" and then leave me alone and they go off and do some other police work

oh thats not so bad then  B)

my first ever rc was a nekko evolution 1/14 farrari enzo it seemed so fast back then went 12mph and when I put I sprint moter in it it when 18mph which was scary to drive when your 7 lol I think I went through almost 4 sets of tyers on that rc I used it soo much and when I was 9 I converted it to a rally car and had it pretty much fully upgraded lol, so much fun with that rc is still impressive for a toy grade rc I got in Halfords lol

• Like 1

I bought mine second hand so didn't have to break it in but I think if you take it slow and read up you wouldn't have any problems as it actually seems easy enough.

I'm very lucky with my neighbours as everybody seems to have respect for each other and asking as we at t doing anything to noisy/late at night we pretty much leave each other to it, after all we do have different interests

Rob

its good to have good neighbours yes probably not to bad to break in nitro if reading up on it and getting advice its just the thought off it  :D

I thk my 1st rc was a nikko buggy of sum kind waayy long ago....probly 30 odd years ago.....it was red and me mum got it from here catalogue. ..kays or grattens.....my 1st proper one was a tamiya black foot from beatties what used to b at the end of the horse fair in bristol......again..this was probly 26-28 years ago aswell....39 this year...damn I fill old...lol!!

Edited by evssv

My first one was a nikko when I was 9, can't remember the name but it was blue and yellow an had light pods that worked on the sides. Was fast when I was that age an I ran it until the tyres where bald.

First hobby grade rc was the tamiya Blackfoot. Now I'm on 9 Rcs but need to thin the herd as I haven't got space anymore.

• 3 weeks later...